US east coast storm NG likely to be up...??

"A massive snow storm will hit the east coast in the early hours of Saturday morning and 11 states of emergency have been declared. Follow the latest developments here".

I think think this will have impact on NG..??

DSM

Copperman,

There is a co-relation of extreme weather to NG prices, as extreme cold increases NG demand for heating, while extreme hot temperatures increase NG demand for cooling purposes.

The current weather fulfills the criteria as more than 2 ft. of snow is expected to be dumped in the US East Coast. So this should in theory bump up NG prices on Mon open on MCX, and also volatile move can be expected at time of US open (as reality vs expectations will play out)

Let's see what happens....

"A massive snow storm will hit the east coast in the early hours of Saturday morning and 11 states of emergency have been declared. Follow the latest developments here".

I think think this will have impact on NG..??

Copperman,

There is a co-relation of extreme weather to NG prices, as extreme cold increases NG demand for heating, while extreme hot temperatures increase NG demand for cooling purposes.

The current weather fulfills the criteria as more than 2 ft. of snow is expected to be dumped in the US East Coast. So this should in theory bump up NG prices on Mon open on MCX, and also volatile move can be expected at time of US open (as reality vs expectations will play out)

Let's see what happens....
:thumb: My PPl are there and in more than 2ft.Just spoke to them. No Power in Carolina..Says its tougher than Chennai Flood...:)

:thumb: My PPl are there and in more than 2ft.Just spoke to them. No Power in Carolina..Says its tougher than Chennai Flood...:)
Chennai flood was unexpected...(we never prepared for that so it was tougher than carolina).......so don't compare with Chennai......coast storm is normal thing in USA..now it's heavy........they always prepare for that.....:thumb: