Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

RockyRobust

Hi RockyRobust,

We are sorry to hear about that. Can you PM us your client ID so we can investigate this matter further?
Hi RKSV,

Thanks for your considerate reply. I just wanted to know that is there any other way to confirm if an unwanted position has been created by mistake, before the market closes. I always thought Admin position to be the best way but after this thing I want to have more information on how to be sure that the account is flat at the End of The Day !!

Thanks.

Hi RKSV,

Thanks for your considerate reply. I just wanted to know that is there any other way to confirm if an unwanted position has been created by mistake, before the market closes. I always thought Admin position to be the best way but after this thing I want to have more information on how to be sure that the account is flat at the End of The Day !!

Thanks.
Currently that is the only way we have. It shouldn't show wrong but not sure what went wrong in this case.

RKSV,

Are your servers stuck?

Great to hear back!

I was stuck after keying the passcode which took about 3 minutes to show server timeout in chrome. Then re-logged in again and it worked fine. I wish I kept a screenshot! BTW internet connection was ok from my side as I was Googling in the meantime.

This is not about you <STARTS>
Now-a-days its kind of a server-issue plague among the prominent discount brokers in our country. Don't know whether they are done deliberately in order to favor the in-house players or a mere co-incidence. Buy I love their excuses afterwards, for e.g. "leased line connection flapping", etc. Aerials flap their wings :). A new one every time it happens with a new voodo terms to scare the hell out of somebody. Not once in a blue-moon but two years in a row. :confused: Most often when required.
This is not about you <ENDS>

How safe a retail order is with you guys?
What extra measures you take in your OMS to avoid these kind of nonsense?
Are we high volume ready?

You see I am very passionate about trading and these silly things break my nerve.

pannet1

if anyone opens account before midnight 12 then you have opening charges absolutely free. it is paperless if you have aadhar number and account statement.

i am surprised upstox thread owner is not bother to market their brokerage here and prospect like me have to do it.

@RKSV Team - this is a whatsapp forward received. Can you guys clarify?

Is RKSV Securities the next broker to go bankrupt?

RKSV/Upstox had raised capital from Kalaari Capital in May 2016 however come March 31 2017 most of this capital had eroded and the net worth of RKSV was down to only 14 crores from 24.58 Crores in the earlier year. These facts can be verified from the MCA i.e. the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website. RKSV incurred a loss of Rs. 44766455 crores in FY16 and a loss of 95946324 crores in FY17 and had a burn rate of 80 Lakhs - 1 Crore a month which would lead to complete depletion of capital in the current financial year. In such a financial position, the clients funds and securities maintained with a broker like RKSV are at substantial risk. Of late, there have been quite a few instances of broker default coming to light. In the last two months alone, the BSE and the NSE have suspended few brokers — F6 Finserv, Wealth Mantra, Ficus Securities and CRP Capital Services, amidst allegations of misuse of clients’ money to speculate in the market. In 2017, over half-a-dozen brokers had turned defaulters. Also, Kalaari capital, the only institutional investor in RKSV is looking to sell its stake in Upstox at a huge haircut similar to their desire to exit Snapdeal. Unlike the typical e-commerce businesses which can burn money, stock broking businesses are akin to banks and should have adequate capital requirements. Investors should avoid a mishap like F6, Ficus, etc from happening with RKSV and ensure safety of their funds and securities.

In case of default, what should investors do? The first step is escalate the issue to the investor service cell of the exchanges. If the issue is not resolved within 15 days, bourses themselves will refer the case to Investors’ Grievances Redressal Committee (IGRC). If not satisfied even at IGRC, investors are free to insist on arbitration process.
The first step is to file a written complaint (through arbitration application form, which involves deposit of money) to stock exchanges as early as possible.
However, in case the broker is either expelled or declared defaulter by the exchanges, the door for arbitration is closed. In that case, the exchanges will issue a public advertisement inviting public claims. So, investors have to be vigilant and keep track of the exchanges’ activities.
The Defaulters’ Committee in the exchanges distributes the amount available in the defaulter’s account to the admitted claimants on pro rata basis. In case the funds in the defaulter’s account are insufficient to meet the admitted value of claims, compensation is paid from the Investor Protection Fund, based on the recommendations of the defaulters’ committee, up to a maximum of ₹25 lakh (says NSE) and ₹15 lakh (BSE).
The guidelines are available on the websites of the BSE and the NSE.

Wow. This has a lot of defamatory and false information on it. A bit disheartening to know messages like these get passed on. But as a trader, we can understand it might have alarmed you, so would like to clarify on a few things.

First of all, we are highly profitable and will be paying tax for FY17-18 (which just ended). You can Google us on our growth. We grew (at least) 3X in the past year in terms of revenues, turnover and clients. On our exchange audits, we passed with zero warnings every year including FY17-18.

You might be concerned with the cash burn of past years. Rightfully so, and it's because we raised cash in FY16 to build infrastructure and raise awareness through word of mouth and other channels. Investors like Mr. Ratan Tata have shown faith in our team and business by investing his personal money in us. We are not new players in the discount broking market -- we've been here since 2012. The broking space has become really heated in the past few months. This seems like a malicious campaign by competition to malign us.

The future for us is even brighter than the past. We are planning to release some exciting new products and continue working on our existing platforms. We released a fresh UI on our website this past week, and are planning to make our web and mobile trading platforms more exciting in the coming months.

If any of you are in Mumbai, we invite you to come visit us in our office. We promise you that our environment is absolutely nothing like what you have read in the WhatsApp messages.

- Ravi and Shrini, cofounders of Upstox