Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

No, its not ZEROTHA, as they dont have BO for commodity. As u mentioned, most brokers offers BO in NSE with limit orders , no SL-L or SL-M.

But why are you looking for BO if u have to modify SL or target, that too for smaller order size in cash?

BO is meant for relaxed trading
Oh ok, I haven't traded commodities with Zerodha, so I didn't know. Right.

Well, I trade early-morning momentum, so I am looking to cram in numerous pending orders in different stocks right from the start of the session, & BO helps somewhat in saving me a little bit of time given that I don't have to worry about putting in SL & TP as separate orders, especially given that many stocks can be pretty volatile in the morning; not to mention, if one is putting in SL & TP as separate orders then there's a chance that one might forget to cancel one of them once the other is hit, & that's where BO's help with auto-cancellation feature, which can come in handy if you're having to keep an eye on many symbols simultaneously when trading smaller timeframes. And, while I'm trading only small orders for now, it's because I'm testing a new strategy, & if the results continue to be positive, I intend to double the quantities every week until 5m charts can absorb them without giving me significant slippage.

I have traded with "set & forget" approach in the past but then, if the trade doesn't play itself out during the day then one always has to worry about overnight gaps in stocks, which can throw off one's R:R calculations, so I felt that maybe that method wasn't right for my psychology, & that's why, I switched to moving my SL's (& occasionally TP, if there's enough momentum) & sticking to intraday trading only (at least for now). I guess you don't usually have to worry about your trades not hitting either your SL or TP during the trading-session since the commodities markets trade for almost twice the amount of time as stock markets, which can be useful when trading commodities. If you don't mind me asking this, what timeframes are you trading on commodities, & do you do intraday only?

marimuthu13

Oh ok, I haven't traded commodities with Zerodha, so I didn't know. Right.

Well, I trade early-morning momentum, so I am looking to cram in numerous pending orders in different stocks right from the start of the session, & BO helps somewhat in saving me a little bit of time given that I don't have to worry about putting in SL & TP as separate orders, especially given that many stocks can be pretty volatile in the morning; not to mention, if one is putting in SL & TP as separate orders then there's a chance that one might forget to cancel one of them once the other is hit, & that's where BO's help with auto-cancellation feature, which can come in handy if you're having to keep an eye on many symbols simultaneously when trading smaller timeframes. And, while I'm trading only small orders for now, it's because I'm testing a new strategy, & if the results continue to be positive, I intend to double the quantities every week until 5m charts can absorb them without giving me significant slippage.

I have traded with "set & forget" approach in the past but then, if the trade doesn't play itself out during the day then one always has to worry about overnight gaps in stocks, which can throw off one's R:R calculations, so I felt that maybe that method wasn't right for my psychology, & that's why, I switched to moving my SL's (& occasionally TP, if there's enough momentum) & sticking to intraday trading only (at least for now). I guess you don't usually have to worry about your trades not hitting either your SL or TP during the trading-session since the commodities markets trade for almost twice the amount of time as stock markets, which can be useful when trading commodities. If you don't mind me asking this, what timeframes are you trading on commodities, & do you do intraday only?
Sir,
i dont follow any time frame, i just follow floor and Camerialla pivots..as all these levels come from previous day OHLC, nothing to do with today timefrmes.

so within 5 minututes of market opening , i know possibles trade. So i just have to place it with BO, forgot it. just see tomorrow morning charts before markets open , co-relate performance with received contract note from brokers.

like today,

megapixel

Could you please reply to these queries ?

How much is the margin required to SELL Banknifty 23500 CE INTRADAY in Priority pack ? How do I calculate this ?

Upstox margin calculator does not include Priority Pack. Could you please suggest any tricks/hacks to find this ?

Last edited:
Could you please reply to these queries ?

How much is the margin required to SELL Banknifty 23500 CE INTRADAY in Priority pack ? How do I calculate this ?

Upstox margin calculator does not include Priority Pack. Could you please suggest any tricks/hacks to find this ?
Hey megapixel,

Upstox margin calculator will showcase the margin as per Delivery. To calculate you can just divide the output with 6X.

If the Calculator shows 60000/- then the margin required in Intraday is 60000/6 = Rs. 10000/-.

Sir,
i dont follow any time frame, i just follow floor and Camerialla pivots..as all these levels come from previous day OHLC, nothing to do with today timefrmes.

so within 5 minututes of market opening , i know possibles trade. So i just have to place it with BO, forgot it. just see tomorrow morning charts before markets open , co-relate performance with received contract note from brokers.

like today,
Ok, it was perhaps naive of me to assume that you use any TF at all. :lol: Ok, so that's an interesting way of trading, & I see that you have some interesting threads going on, so I'll check them out, & maybe I'll be able to learn something new that I might be able to include in my trading as well. :)

iTrade

Fully automated. You need to get an NCFM license by taking the exam with the exchange. Can give us your dealer code once you have it.

Check now.

Yep. Interactive is just live market feed. Historical refers to anything past the current moment. An alternative is, you can build the candles yourself as you are getting the feed.
If I clear the NCFM license exam, I heard full automation would require the strategy to be approved from exchange. Is that the case ? Do you have any idea of the process?

iTrade

All my trades are 100% SL-M . I missed a profit making trade and that is when I realized about this policy update. Its hard to convince myself that a discussion is going on such a silly thing that should not even exist in the trading world. It is a one-step backward and suggestions like "use limit orders" from a discount broker where maximum clients probably are intraday traders is :confused::confused::confused::rofl:
This is my last request to RKSV to rollback this. Everybody has a choice.
RKSV - Can you clarify your last stand on your SL-M RMS policy at once amidst all the discussion that happened? I missed one more trade on Friday.