Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

iTrade

Fully automated. You need to get an NCFM license by taking the exam with the exchange. Can give us your dealer code once you have it.

Check now.

Yep. Interactive is just live market feed. Historical refers to anything past the current moment. An alternative is, you can build the candles yourself as you are getting the feed.
Does the API work in semi automated mode? If yes, if I place an order via API then do I see a confirm order window in upstox or anything like this in semi mode?

Sorry to say but does it make sense in the trading world? If u can cite or give an example how it helps u(forget the trader benefit for a moment )? Is it the same case in upstox?
Hi gansal,

The change in policy is applicable across the platforms. For SL MKT orders the margin is blocked based on the trigger price. So if the SL MKT is lesser than LTP(incase of buy order) then the margin blocked from a user will be lower compared to the actual build up position. This was the reason of blocking.

To ivoke such order you can place a limit order if you wish to purchase below LTP or sell above LTP. We hope this clarifies the doubt :)

As can be seen in the picture below, the entry was @83.10 & SL was @83.25 both occurred at 10:43:25 whereas the TP was executed @81.80 as the very next trade after that at 11:03:31 while the rest of the trades were my attempts to close out the open position, & I guess it was finally closed by your team at 15:18:49. Anyway, the point being that the SL was 3 ticks away, which would be 0.18% of 81.25 as it is, so do you really think that an SL of 0.20% would be significantly better? If such an SL can't be safely traded on a fairly liquid stock like IDEA even though there was no extreme volatility at that point, without causing the problem that I faced then I wonder what could actually be the lowest possible SL percentage that could be traded relatively safely on your systems. So, can you tell me how I should have closed the position? Would a simple MIS market-order have been sufficient? Like I've said, it was just a test-trade but if it was a Future then that could have cost me some money if such a position remained open for too long. Anyway, thanks for at least trying to get to the bottom of the issue.

free image upload direct link

EDIT: By the way, I'd signed up with you guys with Aadhar but we don't stay at the address mentioned in my Aadhar since that place has gone into re-development, so do I need to update my present address with you guys? If yes, then how can I do it online?

Hi Newbie Day-Trader,

Ill take an example to help you with. Considering 1st leg is on buy side.

1st Leg entered as 100
2nd Leg entered as 0.25 (possibly 99.75)
3rd Leg entered as 0.30 (possible 100.30)

Now here everything depends on execution price of 1st leg. Say the best available rate was 99.95 rather than 100 then the 1st leg will get traded at 99.95 even if the price entered was 100.

Once the 1st leg is executed the difference of 0.25 and 0.30 will now be set based on the execution price of 1st leg which is 99.95. Now your 2nd leg will show SL trigger as 99.70 instead of 99.75 and target price of 100.25 rather than 100.30.

Same happens with 2nd and 3rd leg where the orders are traded as per the best available prices. Let us know if this helps.

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
my trading plan is 0.1% or 20 Rs which ever is lower, but i have been charged with 20Rs flat today on my option trades. Ticket No: 285294, kindly get it resolved.
Matter not resolved yet, just a gentle reminder.

iTrade

Hi gansal,

The change in policy is applicable across the platforms. For SL MKT orders the margin is blocked based on the trigger price. So if the SL MKT is lesser than LTP(incase of buy order) then the margin blocked from a user will be lower compared to the actual build up position. This was the reason of blocking.

To ivoke such order you can place a limit order if you wish to purchase below LTP or sell above LTP. We hope this clarifies the doubt :)
Still I don't agree. By that logic you should block direct market orders as well because you don't know the fill price. Atleast incase of SL-M you know the trigger price. How do you manage margin blocking when market orders are placed?

Snake.Head

Still I don't agree. By that logic you should block direct market orders as well because you don't know the fill price. Atleast incase of SL-M you know the trigger price. How do you manage margin blocking when market orders are placed?
Yes,I agree with this
If worried then increase margin requirement for SLM based order.
No other broker is doing this sort of things

@RKSV why are you avoid question by me ?
This posted earlier,yet no answer
Save option for order type will useful in order window type
SL-M is Missing from OCO too
One importing thing is missing is line or drawing made on high time frame like 1 month,1 week,1 day does't show in low time frame

Hi Newbie Day-Trader,

Ill take an example to help you with. Considering 1st leg is on buy side.

1st Leg entered as 100
2nd Leg entered as 0.25 (possibly 99.75)
3rd Leg entered as 0.30 (possible 100.30)

Now here everything depends on execution price of 1st leg. Say the best available rate was 99.95 rather than 100 then the 1st leg will get traded at 99.95 even if the price entered was 100.

Once the 1st leg is executed the difference of 0.25 and 0.30 will now be set based on the execution price of 1st leg which is 99.95. Now your 2nd leg will show SL trigger as 99.70 instead of 99.75 and target price of 100.25 rather than 100.30.

Same happens with 2nd and 3rd leg where the orders are traded as per the best available prices. Let us know if this helps.
Thanks but I'd understood the leg-formation process when you'd explained it last time around but that also made me wonder if SL & TP minimum distance of 0.20% will be sufficient to avoid the situation that I faced given that my SL distance was 0.18% from the entry-price anyway.

Anyway, I think the latest issue I have posted about today, on page no. 423, about a single entry-order issuing multiple SL's & TP's could be much more problematic, so please look into it & reply. Thanks. :)

Matter not resolved yet, just a gentle reminder.
Sorry for butting in but I think it's probably because, like many brokers, RKSV consider NOTIONAL turnover (strike-price x quantity) of options for calculating brokerage, & not the premium-turnover (premium-price x quantity) as you might be assuming. As you can see, NSE records two types of turnover for options, & the * sign explains it at the bottom of the page - https://www.nseindia.com/products/content/derivatives/equities/homepage_fo.htm

I'm not saying that this is right or wrong, I'm just saying that this is how some brokers charge for options.

NJ23

Hey NJ23,

Within June, python docs will be out. What version of Python do you use by the way? 2 or 3?
Thanks for the update. I'm using Python 3.4.