Understanding recommendations on Geojit's Selfie platform

Hello all,

I am new to investing, and have chosen to trade with Geojit's Selfie platform.

I am trying to understand the content of recommendations that appear on the platform (https://i.imgur.com/mrXntHy.png):

Here is my understanding of this example of a recommendation, together with questions:
  1. "TATACHEM" is the symbol of the scrip (NSE or BSE?) for which the recommendation is being made.
  2. What does it mean to say "Intraday/Delivery"? Does this mean that I can take this recommendation either for intraday trades or for delivery (i.e., I can hold this position across days)?
    1. What are scnearios in which there is a recommendation that should only be considered for intraday trading, and not for delivery? That is what are some cases where the trades should be squared off at the end of the day?
    2. What are scenarios in which the recommendation should only be considered for delivery and not for intraday trading?
  3. This is obviously the bid price that one should aim for. But obviously one has to be quick about it, else the price might rise, given that this is a buy recommendation, and others will be cognizant of this opportunity as well.
  4. This is the target price at which the stock should be sold -- the expectation is that the stock will rise to this level. And the stop-loss is the price at which the stock should be sold, should its price start to decline.
My question is that is my understanding/reading of the above correct? I want to be able to action on recommendations, but would like to understand what each of the elements of the recommendations means before I do that.

Nikhil Dogra

Please do not trade based on these "trade" recommendations. Whether you believe me or not i will share what i have seen with my own eyes and that is RMS guy/gal , who "opens" RMS limits when clients calls their relationship management in traditional full service brokers especially in non metro cities , issues these calls based on their perceptions/gut feel & most likely they are experimenting technical analysis techniques with practically zero risk and ensuring people trade in order for brokerage generation, a huge conflict of interest.

In context of your post:-
1) Scrip name
2) Time at which call was issued & its a intraday call if it works else a delivery call in case it doesn't :woot:
3) Buy when LTP or last traded price is xxx
4) Target is yyyy & stop loss is zzzzz
5) Look at my "2nd" point :D

newtrader101

....RMS guy/gal , who "opens" RMS limits when clients calls their relationship management in traditional full service brokers especially in non metro cities , issues these calls based on their perceptions/gut feel & most likely they are experimenting technical analysis techniques with practically zero risk and ensuring people trade in order for brokerage generation, a huge conflict of interest....
True.
Today I got a recommendation to buy GAIL for delivery for 5 days' time.
But the chart doesn't show any promise, (to my eye):

1538393994265.png

1538394094318.png