two afl with different backgound color

balraj167

Hi all,

I want use two different afl with different background color like Karthik Sir's VPA is with black back ground and other is normal with white background color.
When I use cascade for two windows if I change the background color it changes color of all present windows background, is there any AFL to change background color only for particular window?

Please advice on the same.

This is my first response apart from my initial intro - so wish me well!!

This is a problem for me too. I think the Tool-Preferences-Color settings are universal, and once set apply to all windows, main or secondary.

There is a clumsy little workaround that you can try:

say in a lower window you are setting up an oscillator with range 1-100.
You know that when you do several PLOTS, they are as it were stacked one in front of the other, with the last one on the list printing as the one BEHIND all the others on the screen.
So you make the last one on the list a backdrop, using the CLOUD function, thus:

blankouttop=IIf(V>0,100,100);
blankoutbottom=IIf(V>0,0,0); plotOHLC(blankoutbottom,blankoutbottom,blankouttop,blankouttop,"",colorBlue,styleCloud);

and you will have painted the bottom pane blue. Using Paramcolor you can change it to any color you like. And the PLOTS you enter above it will paint over it.

The devil is in the detail.

Be well.

balraj167

Hi Skittlebup,

Thanks for your reply, please find attached two charts of same stock, I have 2 window throgh CASCADE now on main window I want to one to be in BLACK Color background (which is VPA) and other one in WHITE background color (5&6 SMA cross over).

Do you have any solution to this ?

Regards

Last edited:
Hi Skittlebup,

Thanks for your reply, please find attached two charts of same stock, I have 2 window throgh CASCADE now on main window I want to one to be in BLACK Color background (which is VPA) and other one in WHITE background color (5&6 SMA cross over).

Do you have any solution to this ?

Regards
Pl, attached follwing comand with your afl----------SetChartBkColor(16 ) ;

Here-16 for black background, you can change background with the change of value like14.

Another way , pl, attached this command with your afl & change background colur in parameter with the help of right click on particular indicator window. Command is SetChartBkColor(ParamColor("Outer panel color ",colorBlack)); // color of outer border
SetChartBkGradientFill( ParamColor("Inner panel color upper half",colorBlack),ParamColor("Inner panel color lower half",colorBlack)); // color of inner panel

Hope your problem solved.

Last edited:
Pra - very neat. And by the book. I wonder if anyone has actually read ALL the stuff in the User Guide and elsewhere.

But, seriously, thanks for that - you've opened up the way for me to set up some visually much more useful screens.

The devil is in the detail.

Be well.

THE LORD

this my background one line you can change the clors by changing the colors

SetChartBkGradientFill( ParamColor("BgTop", colorBrightGreen),ParamColor("BgBottom", colorSeaGreen));

The probem is SetChartBkColor(x) does not accept conditional change of background color .
For example if I want to plot BkColor ----------

If
C>Prev Day high color Bright green
C>Prev Day Close color green
C<Prev Day Close color Orange
C>Prev Day Low color Red

COLOR=IIf(C>DH,colorBrightGreen,IIf(C>DC,colorGreen, IIf(C<DL,colorRed,IIf(C<DC,colorOrange,Null))));

SetChartBkColor(color) ; // does'nt work

But following command works--

Plot( 1, "", COLOR,styleArea | styleOwnScale, 0, 1 );// works

Please Guide :

1) How to change Amibroker's basic window background to grey? I know how to change chart background but don't know about Amibroker's basic background that we can notice when we hide the chart or resize it or which appears when we have not loaded any chart.

2) How to get only TILE ? I dont want vertical tile or horizontal. ONLY TILE ?

3) How to get bar chart as default ? I have to change again and again from toolbar>view>price chart style. I want to change it permanently to bar chart- like whenever i run amibroker it should display only bar chart.

Please Guide :

1) How to change Amibroker's basic window background to grey? I know how to change chart background but don't know about Amibroker's basic background that we can notice when we hide the chart or resize it or which appears when we have not loaded any chart.

2) How to get only TILE ? I dont want vertical tile or horizontal. ONLY TILE ?

3) How to get bar chart as default ? I have to change again and again from toolbar>view>price chart style. I want to change it permanently to bar chart- like whenever i run amibroker it should display only bar chart.