TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software)

DSM

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

Govt mulling to make 2 Mbps as minimum broadband speed - Anil Satapathy

http://www.themobileindian.com/news...make-2-Mbps-as-minimum-broadband-speed-Report

The Indian government is now mulling to increase minimum broadband speed to 2 Mbps - about four times than the current minimum speed. "I propose to take up the matter with the communications ministry. We will consider laying down a policy for increasing the minimum broadband speed from the current levels," IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad quoted as saying by TOI.

In 2014, the government had increased the minimum broadband speed to 512 Kbps but that too seems abysmally low as compared to current 4G standards. As per Akamai State of Internet report, India has the slowest average internet connection in Asia at 2.8 Mbps per second as of December 2015 while the global average was 6.3 Mbps. TRAI has also recently recommended 2 Mbps as minimum broadband speed. The regulator has also launch an app called MySpeed.

DSM

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

Upload Vs. Download Speed...

I am using Hathway Broadband for about 3 months, and have no complaints as such. My download speed is 15-20Mbps, however the upload speed is only around .17 to .25 Mbps, which I think is quite odd, and should not be... I have tested the speeds about a dozen times on different days, and am getting around the same readings.... So wondering what could the slow upload issue be? My laptop is i5, with no software or memory hogging programs or issues, does not seem to be any other hardware as well since I have 4GB RAM. That leaves out the specs of my ISP.... (When installed, at the start I used to get 5Mbps upload speed)

Can anybody clarify? The only change I made was last week I switched from Quick Heal to Net Protector Anti Virus.

Thanks

pakatil

I wonder if Processor or RAM should matter in Upload speeds.

Possibly Antivirus / Internet security can hinder.

I have had bad experience with Trend Micro some time ago.

Disable Antivirus for a while and check.

Still I feel Upload & Download speeds are entirely in ISPs domain.

They are notorious in throttling that.

Cheers...:D

DSM

Thanks Pakatil for your response. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I will check with my ISP.

I wonder if Processor or RAM should matter in Upload speeds.

Possibly Antivirus / Internet security can hinder.

I have had bad experience with Trend Micro some time ago.

Disable Antivirus for a while and check.

Still I feel Upload & Download speeds are entirely in ISPs domain.

They are notorious in throttling that.

Cheers...:D

Snake.Head

Upload Vs. Download Speed...

I am using Hathway Broadband for about 3 months, and have no complaints as such. My download speed is 15-20Mbps, however the upload speed is only around .17 to .25 Mbps, which I think is quite odd, and should not be... I have tested the speeds about a dozen times on different days, and am getting around the same readings.... So wondering what could the slow upload issue be? My laptop is i5, with no software or memory hogging programs or issues, does not seem to be any other hardware as well since I have 4GB RAM. That leaves out the specs of my ISP.... (When installed, at the start I used to get 5Mbps upload speed)

Can anybody clarify? The only change I made was last week I switched from Quick Heal to Net Protector Anti Virus.

Thanks
You can't do anything about upload speed with hathway they are capped
I have 3mpbs download speed and upload is capped at 10-15kbps
It same all over India for Hathway

DSM

Snake.Head,

Seems less... Download I am consistently getting 20Mbps, so surprised to know you have only 3Mbps... :( Maybe depends upon the city are you from? I am in Mumbai....

Regards, Upload, during the 1st month of installation, I used to get around 5Mbps, so have to check now why it has changed. Will update after query.

You can't do anything about upload speed with hathway they are capped
I have 3mpbs download speed and upload is capped at 10-15kbps
It same all over India for Hathway

In most of the ISP upload speed is very less and they generally don't tell about it and ofcourse most of users don't bother about it. People generally look for download speed and ISP shows only that.
But upload speed is also important factor not too much. As whenever we submit any form or click any link first our data will go to server and here upload speed matters in overall surfing experience.
Most of ISP uses cache server like for youtube. If you notice you will get great speed when you download video from youtube because of cache server.

If upload speed decreases then check with your ISP. It's not related to computer hardware or AV as per my experience.

niftytaurus

Hi
I am not expert in Technical matters..so I need help of technical experts
I have ami broker software in my Laptop..I use GFDL data feeds..Now I want to see every chart on different monitors..EX--I trade on 5 different scrips..SO I need to watch 5 different charts..Now I want to watch every scrip chart on different monitors..so how can I make that setup on multimonitor..means 5 different monitors infront of me & every monitor is showing different chart of different scrips..like one monitor is showing nifty, another one is banknifty..
What hardwares & softwares do I need for that..please suggest
thanks

Hi
I am not expert in Technical matters..so I need help of technical experts
I have ami broker software in my Laptop..I use GFDL data feeds..Now I want to see every chart on different monitors..EX--I trade on 5 different scrips..SO I need to watch 5 different charts..Now I want to watch every scrip chart on different monitors..so how can I make that setup on multimonitor..means 5 different monitors infront of me & every monitor is showing different chart of different scrips..like one monitor is showing nifty, another one is banknifty..
What hardwares & softwares do I need for that..please suggest
thanks
If you have to keep using a laptop then you can easily extent it to support one external monitor.

For more than one you will need a extra graphics card that supports multiple monitors

but a laptop with 4 external monitors . . . .well this kind of setup is rare, these kind of configurations are done usually using a desktop PC.

Happy :)

niftytaurus

If you have to keep using a laptop then you can easily extent it to support one external monitor.

For more than one you will need a extra graphics card that supports multiple monitors

but a laptop with 4 external monitors . . . .well this kind of setup is rare, these kind of configurations are done usually using a desktop PC.

Happy :)
Thanks Happy Singh Bro For your reply & help
So I need a Desktop PC for that & I need to use extra monitor for that..
But Amibroker software is only one & gfdl data is only one..How do we see different scrips on different monitors? how can it be possible?
thnks