Trying to locate prop firm that purchased my automated trading system

Hi,

I entered a business deal with another trader. We designed an automated trading system to trade the futures market. Without my knowledge he has now sold this idea to one of the big prop firms in Chicago or NYC and cut me out. I do not know any more details than this but would like to track down who purchased this and start court proceedings.

I hear that there is a board or forum at the CBOT where firms share information on technology they are buying, so that one person cannot sell the same idea to several of the funds and rip people off.

If anyone knows how I could start the process of tracking down this deal I would be most appreciative.

Cheers,
C

mastermind007

Barking up at the wrong tree, mate!!! This ain't CBOT.

mastermind007

Hi,

I entered a business deal with another trader. We designed an automated trading system to trade the futures market. Without my knowledge he has now sold this idea to one of the big prop firms in Chicago or NYC and cut me out. I do not know any more details than this but would like to track down who purchased this and start court proceedings.

I hear that there is a board or forum at the CBOT where firms share information on technology they are buying, so that one person cannot sell the same idea to several of the funds and rip people off.

If anyone knows how I could start the process of tracking down this deal I would be most appreciative.

Cheers,
C
But I got curious about your problem and would like to offer few leads

I hope ....
1) ... you know the full name and contact details of that "another trader" ... You can subpoena his financial transaction details ....
2) ... you have proof about your contribution into the design and the development ...
3) ... you had some formal written contract about how the benefit you were to accure from the system. If not, you would at best be an employee of "another trader"
4) ... you have ample money to throw in legal rabbit hole to recover your losses of system

-------
As an idea, You could design "To whomsoever it may be of concern" adverts in all finanical papers as well as online forums of both
cities, facebook within which you reveal sufficient (but not all) details about the system, name your "another trader" and implore all
prop firms to ethically come forward. You may even give a hint about system's short coming or its fatal flaw that only you know of.

newtrader101

Hi,

Cheers,
C
Hire a detective.