True Data India [TDI] : What are your experience - worth subscribing RT service??

Is it worth subscribing to TDI (Yahoo) ?

• Total voters

pkgmtnl

friends, donot rely on yahoo data for realtime trading,

I am not sure that all U know that any Yahoo data vendor pays 10$ per month for fetching yahoo data,

Yahoo data is not reliable, except little cheap only, and with Yahoo data, there is a big problem of back fill, there is gap of 15min everytime U backfill.

Last edited:
This is what a guy who is a top TA in India wrote on one of the yahoo boards,

I am finding that there is a whole lot of focus on free or cheap data among many posters, especially new converts.

The Samurai warrior will have his sword made only from the finest metal. For, one day, his Kings life and his own will depend on the sharpness of his sword and the skill with which he uses it. Even the best warrior will be powerless with a blunt sword.

Do not begrudge the few extra Rs spent on getting good, clean data. Do not waste precious (and limited) time on running after cleansing data or adjusting benefit factors and such. Reserve most of your time for analysis. Markets will reward you many times the cost of the data.

Not starting any debate here. Just proffering some common sense

pkgmtnl

This is what a guy who is a top TA in India wrote on one of the yahoo boards,

I am finding that there is a whole lot of focus on free or cheap data among many posters, especially new converts.

The Samurai warrior will have his sword made only from the finest metal. For, one day, his Kings life and his own will depend on the sharpness of his sword and the skill with which he uses it. Even the best warrior will be powerless with a blunt sword.

Do not begrudge the few extra Rs spent on getting good, clean data. Do not waste precious (and limited) time on running after cleansing data or adjusting benefit factors and such. Reserve most of your time for analysis. Markets will reward you many times the cost of the data.

Not starting any debate here. Just proffering some common sense
Very well said,

guys please go thru the thread of "Best real time data provider in India",
You will find it very helpful in deciding and selecting the RT data vendor,

i have tried 2 different yahoo data providers, and have concluded that the data is always 3-5 mins delayed.

going to get esignal data feed from next month...$108 per month for actual real time data of all stocks/futures of NSE

bunny

anyone gives futures data yet ? TDI is plannin to give, but no date yet
InvestBulls provides NSE stocks and futures: http://www.investbulls.com/page.php?6

Regarding TDI's "coming soon", more knowledgeable members who have been watching TDI since time back, have said that "Official NSE Dotex F&O Data Coming soon !!!" is there on their website for a looooong time now and everytime they will tell you that "It being delayed...for some reason". Becareful.

Last edited:
anyone gives futures data yet ? TDI is plannin to give, but no date yet
TDI-Professional (TDi-Pro released as Net Trader(Beta) in collaboration with Hyper Trader Inc) gives live data for all NSE Stocks, Bonds, Warrants, Mutual Funds (traded on NSE) , Futures (Continuous & Monthly), Options (All), currencies (traded on NSE). Internation forex data (FXCM) is coming soon.

All with Backfill which is stored on the server. No issues at your end even if you have to leave your chair / power issues. We are trying to provide clean and good history. 1 min data is already there for 2 months. This also converts to 5, 10 , 15 , 30 , 60 mins. EOD data has also been uploaded from the very beginning. This data is regularly being purified & adjusted for splits and is being uploaded. BAckfill is instantaneous, i.e. as soon as you select the symbol on TDI-Pro or your TA software.

The data comes with zero latency and can be imported to various Technical Analysis software as is being discussed on this forum, which includes Amibroker, Metastock Real Time, Tradestation 2000i, Adv Get RT Dashboard Edition, Tradestation 8, Wave 59, Market Delta etc...

Thank you for bearing with us this long wait for the release of the 'NSE Dotex data' on this forum. The new website is under development; meanwhile the temporary links have already been pasted by members on this forum.
Ideas / Help / Suggestions of any sort to improve this service are most welcome.

:)

http://www.truedataindia.com/tdi-pro/