tricks and tips to play options

Hi,

I am Devi. I am in early stage of trading. with someones suggestion i traded in options, but lost 12000 in 1 trade. How to trade in options?

VJAY

Hi,

I am Devi. I am in early stage of trading. with someones suggestion i traded in options, but lost 12000 in 1 trade. How to trade in options?
Welcome Devika...........
In one trade 12K loss in option? :confused:

VJAY

Hi,

You are in early stage of trading and you are trading in equity options.....:lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:

jagankris

Hi,

Hi Devi,

Welcome to Traderji.

It is very tough to answer your question in a single reply.

You have landed the right place to learn about the Markets,TA,Trading Psychology, Money Management,Equities,Futures and Options.

Being a beginner - don't worry about the loss you made.
Forget about the loss - every one has made losses before realizing what trading and markets are.

Now - Stop trading.

Don't trade the tips or broker's recommendation blindly.

As VJAY - rightly pointed out - Futures,options are highly leveraged and and Options are the most complex instruments in the markets where even experienced traders struggle.

With out knowledge options are the fastest way to loose money in the markets.

Start learning TA and then demo trade in some platforms - MT4 (Meta trader).

May be after some time start with equity in small quantities.

Wish you good luck.

DanPickUp

@Devika141

Losing money in option trading is nothing special. You now lost a bigger amount: Fine. Now you got your first bleeding nose and you will get more, maybe not as big as the last hit on your nose, but be ready to take the next punch in your face.

To avoid an other very big punch, learn to trade. Your losses will come down.

@Jagankris

Dear friend, the following is an absolute wrong advise: May be after some time start with equity in small quantities.

Absolute wrong. NO. If you plan to trade options in the future, you MUST learn option trading and not equity trading.

So dear Devika141

If you want to trade options in the future, stay with options. If you want and are interested in huge basics about option trading, you will find threads in the forum.

Take care about your money / DanPickUp

Rish

Hi,

Early stage of trading you are trading in Options?, Great Mistake.

Trading options without understanding, it is almost putting your money into dustbin.

Don't play with options if you don't know the concept. Go thru' the posts in this forum study first.

Hi,

Trading RCOM is difficult. The Average True Range of the stock is around 5 - 10 Rs per day. Couple this volatility with very low delivery percentage only indicates that it is a pure day trading play. The trouble with futures and options play on RCOM is that the lot size is really big and a small movement of 3 Rs in the option in your case might mean a loss of Rs 12,000. My suggestion would be to learn trading the stocks in the cash market and then step into options and futures. Hope this helps.