Trial Trading diary : Scalping

gautam7821

05-09-19

Busy at work . Punched 3 trades after 12. Placed SL and Target , No monitoring.

Shorted 200 TVS @376 @12.15 *Target Filled @ 374 +400
Shorted
Ambujacem @ 192.80 @12.35 *Auto square off @ 193.05 -760
Shorted
Hindalco @ 184.50 @01.42 *Target Filled @ 183.60 +1800

hindalco.PNG

PROFIT AFTER TAX : 1092.00

bashasm

05-09-19

Busy at work . Punched 3 trades after 12. Placed SL and Target , No monitoring.

Shorted 200 TVS @376 @12.15 *Target Filled @ 374 +400
Shorted
Ambujacem @ 192.80 @12.35 *Auto square off @ 193.05 -760
Shorted
Hindalco @ 184.50 @01.42 *Target Filled @ 183.60 +1800

View attachment 37450

PROFIT AFTER TAX : 1092.00
When you say placed SL and Target, are you using Bracket order?

Do you always follow the fixed target?
Usually, it also happens that your target gets missed by a few points, and eventually hit the stop loss, what do you do in that case?
One more problem with the fixed target is you might miss the huge moves in your direction, have you faced this?

gautam7821

When you say placed SL and Target, are you using Bracket order?

Do you always follow the fixed target?
Usually, it also happens that your target gets missed by a few points, and eventually hit the stop loss, what do you do in that case?
One more problem with the fixed target is you might miss the huge moves in your direction, have you faced this?
Ohh, that's my way. when I am away from terminal, I place two different order, one SL and other target order. When target achieved, I cancel SL order. When I am at terminal I never place SL, because I place only half of order first than average if price go against me.

Generally I prefer fixed target as I am used to it. It is generally Rs.1 for stock less than Rs. 200 ie around 0.5%. For last 2-3 months my profit turns into loss because of high target. So as challenge to control greed I started to reduce no of trades, sitting time at terminal and fix target of Rs. 2000. I generally close terminal after Target achieved.

Yes, previously my target missed because of fixed order. Now my target of .5% is easily achievable, so no worry.

I am happy with small target. I just check 1 min candle and punch trade quickly. I never sit a terminal more than 1 hour. After my position squared off I never track the stock that day. So, I am unaware, if it goes in my direction or not. Who need to become rich in one-day, market will be there forever. Rs. 40K a month is a nice income . Don't you agree?

bashasm

Ohh, that's my way. when I am away from terminal, I place two different order, one SL and other target order. When target achieved, I cancel SL order. When I am at terminal I never place SL, because I place only half of order first than average if price go against me.

Generally I prefer fixed target as I am used to it. It is generally Rs.1 for stock less than Rs. 200 ie around 0.5%. For last 2-3 months my profit turns into loss because of high target. So as challenge to control greed I started to reduce no of trades, sitting time at terminal and fix target of Rs. 2000. I generally close terminal after Target achieved.

Yes, previously my target missed because of fixed order. Now my target of .5% is easily achievable, so no worry.

I am happy with small target. I just check 1 min candle and punch trade quickly. I never sit a terminal more than 1 hour. After my position squared off I never track the stock that day. So, I am unaware, if it goes in my direction or not. Who need to become rich in one-day, market will be there forever. Rs. 40K a month is a nice income . Don't you agree?
Yes, I do

gautam7821

I see in some of your trades you don't wait for 3 candles. Is it you wait till completion of 3 consecutive same color candles? Little confused
If I trade after I punch order if price is oversold /overbought. If I trade after 11 am, when morning rally is already missed, I punch order if price is oversold /overbought. There are some other factors, which I monitor along with, will disclose in the thread.

In some instances, graph make 3 red candles and till I place order, price reverse then I place order in next 1st or 2nd red candle. Same happened on 5.9.19 . I placed short order of hindalco @183.9 which did not execute. Then I place half order @184.5. If price moved up. 5% I would place another half to average it, but the price did not move up.

Last edited:

gautam7821

06-09-19

* Can bank : start tracking at 10:45 , After day high 7 consecutive Red candles , followed by 4 Red candles give conformation of short . Short @ 195.10 , covered 194.10.

canbb.PNG

P/L : +1736.00

gautam7821

09-09-2019

* All busy day scalping

Wipro : Trial Trade , Small quantity short . Target missed by 5 paisa. Averaged and closed trade as daily target filled.
wipro 9.9.19.PNG

CANBK: First short partially fulfilled , Again scalped at pull back after day high.

CAN 9.919.PNG

HINDALCO : PC broken and pull back immediately , daily target achieved, so close trade.

hindalco 9.9.191.PNG

Net P/L : + 3444.00

Last edited:

gautam7821

11-09-19

SBI : Scalp short . Profit 1304 (after tax)

SBI11.09.19.PNG

CANBK :

Greed make me to partial book profit which I never do . Already getting Rs.2K (+1.5K from SBI).
Punched 2K to average, Got opportunity to break even, but did not.
I had to punch 3K at higher to average.
Profit 1320 after tax.:mad::mad::mad:
Broke rule twice.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

canbk 11.09.19.PNG

P/L after tax : 2634.00

Last edited:

bashasm

11-09-19

SBI : Scalp short . Profit 1304 (after tax)
View attachment 37518

CANBK :

Greed make me to partial book profit which I never do . Already getting Rs.2K (+1.5K from SBI).
Punched 2K to average, Got opportunity to break even, but did not.
I had to punch 3K at higher to average.
Profit 1320 after tax.:mad::mad::mad:
Broke rule twice.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

View attachment 37521

P/L after tax : 2634.00
Don't you have stop loss for sbi, I see that it breached day high around 12pm, you might have been lucky

what do you do if the price does not come down and just shoots higher, won't your account blow up?