Trial Trading diary : Scalping

gautam7821

30-07-2019

Though I love to short , today I am a little bit cautious and take 1000 quantity per trade. 90% buy trade.

Canbank profit 4800
Ambujacem profit 1200

gautam7821

Yesterday, I increased my quantity from 1000 to 5000 to cover my morning loss , and my loss doubled.

* Lesson learnt : I can't handle such huge order as of now. So no huge order for now.

gautam7821

01-08-2019

I stick to my plan today , No more trades after 12.

Profit of 6300 . Recovery underway .

gautam7821

What are your entry and exit basis? Would be good to know, if you let you know please?

* I follow simple scalping method , 1 min chart , if 3 candle go green I buy and if 3 candle go red I sell .
* trade time 9.30 to 11.00 : if sensex is green I go for buy or vice versa
* trade time 11.00 to 12.30 : wait for sensex to be oversold or overbought , if oversold i go for sell or vice versa.
* target : 0.2% to 0.5% ( that is small though ) But I am happy with it.
* I trade when I am completely free of other tension. (otherwise loss is sure )
*Stop loss : My general stop loss i 0.50% , but I keep it in mind but never placed SL order.
* After execution of an order , I place target of 0.50% and wait , if candle say to execute I modify the order immediately . Even a small profit is better than loss.
* I use 50% of my margin and only one trade a time .
* I may wait for 1-2 hr for execution , after execution I hardly keep my my position open for more than 30 min.

It works if I follow my discipline. Please tell me if any improvement I can make .

Today's trade :
Today I missed first half of trade.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WjO_z9Lekx-tClqdbwE2ZuG-M3-a0mVg/view?usp=sharing

I sold 2000 qty at 3rd candle @ 231.60 and my target was 230.60

Got Rs. 2000 . I could get more if I trail but it is enough for today.

Last edited:

gautam7821

28-08-19

CANBANK Sold 2000 @230.40 Covered @229.50

* trade @11.14 Covered @11.39
* only 1 trade . Controlling my greed.

PROFIT : 1639 after tax

jyotixxx

* I follow simple scalping method , 1 min chart , if 3 candle go green I buy and if 3 candle go red I sell .
* trade time 9.30 to 11.00 : if sensex is green I go for buy or vice versa
* trade time 11.00 to 12.30 : wait for sensex to be oversold or overbought , if oversold i go for sell or vice versa.
* target : 0.2% to 0.5% ( that is small though ) But I am happy with it.
* I trade when I am completely free of other tension. (otherwise loss is sure )
*Stop loss : My general stop loss i 0.50% , but I keep it in mind but never placed SL order.
* After execution of an order , I place target of 0.50% and wait , if candle say to execute I modify the order immediately . Even a small profit is better than loss.
* I use 50% of my margin and only one trade a time .
* I may wait for 1-2 hr for execution , after execution I hardly keep my my position open for more than 30 min.

It works if I follow my discipline. Please tell me if any improvement I can make .

Today's trade :
Today I missed first half of trade.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WjO_z9Lekx-tClqdbwE2ZuG-M3-a0mVg/view?usp=sharing

I sold 2000 qty at 3rd candle @ 231.60 and my target was 230.60

Got Rs. 2000 . I could get more if I trail but it is enough for today.
Any strategy is good when followed in spirit and discipline. Your strategy is new of a kind to me! But you're awesome on this and results are good.

I'm never confident without SL, this is why:
> I have been trapped because of loss of data connectivity
> Sometimes broker terminal goes down
> Sudden reversal on news

Just yesterday at around 3 pm, when I was long on Banknifty, suddenly Zerodha became unresponsive and had I not placed stoploss, I would have incurred a loss of 10k at one go !!!

But i couldn't trail my SL, when wanted to. This could have end up in profit. Finally escaped with 3k loss.

Last edited:

gautam7821

Any strategy is good when followed in spirit and discipline. Your strategy is new of a kind to me! But you're awesome on this and results are good.

I'm never confident without SL, this is why:
> I have been trapped because of loss of data connectivity
> Sometimes broker terminal goes down
> Sudden reversal on news

Just yesterday at around 3 pm, when I was long on Banknifty, suddenly Zerodha became unresponsive and had I not placed stoploss, I would have incurred a loss of 10k at one go !!!

But i couldn't trail my SL, when wanted to. This could have end up in profit. Finally escaped with 3k loss.
That's why I use NSE NOW , no complaint about connectivity so far. For graph zerodha is good.

* Sometimes I use SL-M order after the trade being executed . When the trade goes in my favour, I square off my order and cancel SL-M order( I don't like to modify SL-M order) .

jyotixxx

That's why I use NSE NOW , no complaint about connectivity so far. For graph zerodha is good.

* Sometimes I use SL-M order after the trade being executed . When the trade goes in my favour, I square off my order and cancel SL-M order( I don't like to modify SL-M order) .
Do u trade from mobile or PC? How is your broker?

gautam7821

Do u trade from mobile or PC? How is your broker?
Use both PC and mobile version . Basically PC when at home , Mobile when outside . My broker is finvasia where brokerage is zero . So for a 100 Rs stock , I have to pay just 7 paisa for both buy/sell.

I joined finvasia for scalping. Now I am trying to add variation and back testing .