Transferring shares from one demat ac to another, when not having trading account

Hello,

I had a query regarding functioning of demat account and trading accounts.

Suppose i have a demat account A (no trading account, it was suspended for some reason by myself). I want to transfer all the shares of demat account A to demat account B (of my friend/family member who has both trading and demat account).

Is it possible ?

Looking forward to expert inputs.

umeshmandal

Hello,

I had a query regarding functioning of demat account and trading accounts.

Suppose i have a demat account A (no trading account, it was suspended for some reason by myself). I want to transfer all the shares of demat account A to demat account B (of my friend/family member who has both trading and demat account).

Is it possible ?

Looking forward to expert inputs.
Transfer from one DP a/c to another is no big issue. It can be done through the "off market" route! In the Delivery Instruction book there is a separate space to fill in off market transfers.
The only thing that is not clear from your post is about "suspension" of your own account.

Transfer from one DP a/c to another is no big issue. It can be done through the "off market" route! In the Delivery Instruction book there is a separate space to fill in off market transfers.
The only thing that is not clear from your post is about "suspension" of your own account.
Thanks for the reply, Umesh.

By suspension, i mean that i had myself closed my trading account a few months back (the demat account is still active and i have some shares in it).

Now since i don't have trading account, i can't buy/sell shares of my demat account either online or offline (I am correct ?). But my question was, that can i transfer my demat shares to someone else's demat account?