trailing stop loss applicability in india.

i am using indiainfoline to do my trading. they tell me that trailling stop loss facility is not recognized in trading in NSE/BSE.

is it true. has anyone used this facility. pl.inform. :mad:

Traderji

Super Moderator
Re: trailling stop loss applicability in india.

NSE & BSE do not have a trailing stoploss, but they do have a stoploss feature.

You will have to input the trailing stoploss yourself manually into your trading terminal every day.

trailing stoploss shuolud not be the part of the function related to nse or bse.
it is a part of the trading software who maintains all accounts,
any way can anyone tell who offers the trailing stoploss feature ?

trailing stoploss shuolud not be the part of the function related to nse or bse.
it is a part of the trading software who maintains all accounts,
any way can anyone tell who offers the trailing stoploss feature ?
I didn't understood how can u have a separate function called trailing stop loss

Step1:
(i)If you buy a share at 100
(ii)ur SL is 80. You can have this functionaly
Step2:
(i)If your share raise to 140
(ii)ur new SL is 110. Again u use it SL functionality

When u want to use new SL (i.e. trailing SL). Is it at step 1? Little confused.

Raj

GSK

I agree, trailing stop loss has nothing to do with exchange, it is the software feature. So far I have not com across any broker providing any such feature, this includes, HDFC Securities, Angel Borking, Kotak, ICICI, and Motilal Oswal. If you are able to info for such a feature let me know.

balab

IB India (Interactive Brokers) offers all sorts of order types including trailing orders like trailing market if touched, trailing limit if touched, trailing stop and stop limit. Their terminal is state of the art and I tried their demo version for a few weeks. Only problem is high brokerage (comparing it to highly negotiated brokerage of SK/Angel etc)
After many months, despite my negotiating a great brokerage and bearing many delays they were unable to provide me the service as upper management could not agree to discounts. But still, they have reduced the card rate brokerage for everyone after these negotiations and its now about 0.035% reducing to 0.015% on a sliding scale, based on volumes from 10 cr to 20 cr per month. Basically they don't want small fish. Maybe when I trade 25 Nifty contracts in one shot I can take up IB!

But yes, trailing orders are available and they do work for NSE. I have not found them to be very useful in practice even though it initially seems like a great thing to have, typically you will see your position being stopped out very often in day-trades and it only really works for a very large %age trail on multi-day horizon kind of orders.

http://www.interactivebrokers.co.in/en/p.php?f=orderTypes&ib_entity=in