Trading through Gann Angles

Bewinner

ShantVCI, who is DPTHANKUR?
and I can't understand why people always accuse each other in a technical thread...Half of the thread get's lengthier becoz of this...come on man this is not reality show where u need to make higher TRP...if this thread does not suits u then please don't spit. And if u have knowledge we welcome you to share your knowledge...

Bewinner

First of all thanks, DPK
while going through your reply, 3 points creep in my mind. Please do reply when you have time
Point 01:
Time constraint:
As you said closing basis means stock must closed at that level, so that can be judged at 3.29pm only which is practically not possible for trader like me.
Like in yesbank case, i have to square it off at 3.25pm so that i have ample time to place order or if electricity failure then turning on backup etc.
So in your strategy can we take closing basis as price revolving at 3.25pm

Point 02:
Hot Stoploss:
As we all know SL is on closing basis. Now 341 was trailing SL which got met and I and justy got out wisely. But as you said 338 is original SL so we can carry forward trade as that level is not reached but then what trailing SL actually mean in your strategy as if SL is trailing at 341 then it is SL & we have to clear our positions at that level.
I was confused with 2 SL's at 341 and 338(As u didn't squared)

point 3:
Disaster Days
lets consider one rare scenario
Suppose we bought yesbank at 342 with SL 338 at 10am
Now nifty crashes (many days it happens) and yesbank fall upto 320 at 12 noon.
Prob is that our initial SL is very small but thats on closing basis but what about running day loss, how much we should bear.
so in this case, should we still hold the trade as market is not closed yet or we cover up at our own or wait for levels by your side.

hope I am not asking much :lol:
Shivangi,

Regarding point no 3 I have the same question...

DPKAUR

First of all thanks, DPK
while going through your reply, 3 points creep in my mind. Please do reply when you have time
Point 01:
Time constraint:
As you said closing basis means stock must closed at that level, so that can be judged at 3.29pm only which is practically not possible for trader like me.
Like in yesbank case, i have to square it off at 3.25pm so that i have ample time to place order or if electricity failure then turning on backup etc.
So in your strategy can we take closing basis as price revolving at 3.25pm

Point 02:
Hot Stoploss:
As we all know SL is on closing basis. Now 341 was trailing SL which got met and I and justy got out wisely. But as you said 338 is original SL so we can carry forward trade as that level is not reached but then what trailing SL actually mean in your strategy as if SL is trailing at 341 then it is SL & we have to clear our positions at that level.
I was confused with 2 SL's at 341 and 338(As u didn't squared)

point 3:
Disaster Days
lets consider one rare scenario
Suppose we bought yesbank at 342 with SL 338 at 10am
Now nifty crashes (many days it happens) and yesbank fall upto 320 at 12 noon.
Prob is that our initial SL is very small but thats on closing basis but what about running day loss, how much we should bear.
so in this case, should we still hold the trade as market is not closed yet or we cover up at our own or wait for levels by your side.

hope I am not asking much :lol:
Shivangi,
Case1: There is not much difference between 3:25 & 3:29 pm. You get an idea where the stock may stop. So thats not a big issue. The main thing is closing basis.

CaseII:
Some people dont like to carryover their position overnight so if 1st or 2nd target has been met and u have partially booked profits at both or at one of the target TSL will help you. If the stock gets closed below TSL then exit else carryover. Thats why i always emphasize to book partially as soon as the 1st target met, as sometimes the stock takes a back gear after touching 1st target. So if it takes a Uturn TSL is there to protect your profits or u will not close your trade in minus.

CaseIII:

Disaster Days
Well in such days i have to book huge losses but this happens once in a blue moon. I am still trying to figure it out but not getting any solid outcome.
If you or anyone of you could come forward to figure it out then you are most welcome. In this week this happened to me in the trade of DLF. I bought 2 Lots @171 (on last Friday see that day's low was 170.05) with SL @ 168 but i had to exit @ 164 or 165 ( don't remember the exact figure). But for me rule is a rule so i booked loss there on Moday closing price and see where it closed today. Now I will try to find opportunity for going long in DLF.
Hope your doubt is clear to much extent

DPKAUR

DPThankur is fekuchand please see the post no. 29 and 30.:lol:
SHANTVCI one thing I would like to say you and that is THANK YOU. .
But atleast u should check the low of UnitedSpirits of that day (12/11/2012) before saying any thing. I had enough time to close my short position before it made a huge jump. Intraday moves ki thodi bahut samajh mujhe bhi hai. In Intraday many times I have told you people that we are going to reach a particular level. Prabh Singh, Justy and many others must have noticed it that the stock stopped exactly at that level.
Second thing I have always published all of my trades well much before in advance. You yourself can check the trade dates & time. LT, SBIN, YesBank, RIL etc the names are not coming to my mind right now. You can check all the previous trades. I dont need to give you any SAFAI on my trades. In my blog I have published all my trades much much in advance for my clients. Even the trades in which I suffered the losses have been published on my blog.
I think that YOUR MALE EGO has been hurt BADLY thats why you are using rubbish words like this.
Grow up & Behave like a Mature Man.
OK Guys this would be my last post in TJ. You guys are always very kind. Very curious to learn new concepts.
GANN is the most simple concept i have ever learned in my life. Do not go for doing courses to anyone. All is available here on GOOGLE. Just GOOGLE it.

Prabh Singh just pm me ur email id and i will tell you the levels for HIndalco.
Bye Friends :clap::clap::clap:

a1b1trader

OK Guys this would be my last post in TJ. You guys are always very kind. Very curious to learn new concepts.

[.........]

Bye Friends :clap::clap::clap:
Hi DP

So you too....
I wont insist you (rather I cant insist you) to continue, because such incidences hurt a lot.

But I just want to remind the words you wrote in my case. (I am no ..... etc. etc.)

This is the same person, who once wrote long back in post #26

I found your analysis up to the mark so keep it up:thumb:
And

I may add the lines I wrote in post #496 and are relevant

Thats why I use to say,
Gadhon (read a selfish person) ko jitni marji mewa khila lo (read seekh de do) voh dulatti maarnaa (read bhalaa-buraa kehna) nahi bhoolega.

Last edited:

justy

Leave it MM. This thread is also going to close because of some CRAPS (like Ajeet Singh & SHANTVCI). It wasnt Shivangi's fault...
People like them dont know anything about trading but keep on fingering in everybody's thread/work.