Trading through Gann Angles

Dear Traderji friends,

Hi, i am a newcomer to this forum. Although in market since past 5 years. In no way i am discouraging others here, but i would love to ask fellow members, who jump daily to this thread for tips.

As we know DPKAUR ji, and other gann experts, one of them not seen here since few days, keeping the gann secret (if its there) to themselves. Why i am asking this.
They are not posting charts, with explanation. From where the angles had been drawn, why from some specific points. Nothing is been mentioned. Only thing coming on daily basis is buy above / sell below with Stoploss and targets. These is the very act of tipsters, sorry if hurts someone. But thats the truth. If the person giving tips hide off, then imagine who are trading on their tips.

So whole point is, please post charts with explanation, and with clear point mentioning from where gann angles have been drawn. and basis for it.
Or else i request traderji moderator to please have a look into this thread, as i know somewhere in distant future its going to hurt fellow members.

Sorry for being rude,but thats the truth, although no one here dare to ask.

DPKAUR

Hi DPK

I just couldnt understand stoploss on closing basis.
How to place stoploss on closing basis.
Can you please explain with an image of stoploss order.

Thanks
a1b1trader and shivangi,
stoploss on closing basis means you have to take decision at 3:29pm.If the stock is getting closed below the mentioned level (@ 3:29pm) then close the position else carry forward the trade. As i am a positional or EOD trader so for me closing above or closing below a particular level is important.
For Eg. in DLF from the last 3 days it is not able to give a close 170 level its not a buy for me until & unless it gives a close above 170.
In case of yesbank if u remember I gave the SL @ 438 on closing basis then after attaining 1st target the TSL was @ 441, for which it gave a close below 441 but it closed above 438. So for me it was a carry forward trade. Next day Justy used the same levels and made good profits in it. Intraday moves are not important for me , where the stock/index is getting closed is an important thing for me.
Hope your doubt is clear now.
One more thing in DLF there is no support of Gann angle near 170. 170 is Gann SQ9 Level which is acting like a very very strong resistance for this counter. From the last 3 days it is trying to cross that level but is not able to cross.

DPKAUR

Dear Traderji friends,

Hi, i am a newcomer to this forum. Although in market since past 5 years. In no way i am discouraging others here, but i would love to ask fellow members, who jump daily to this thread for tips.

As we know DPKAUR ji, and other gann experts, one of them not seen here since few days, keeping the gann secret (if its there) to themselves. Why i am asking this.
They are not posting charts, with explanation. From where the angles had been drawn, why from some specific points. Nothing is been mentioned. Only thing coming on daily basis is buy above / sell below with Stoploss and targets. These is the very act of tipsters, sorry if hurts someone. But thats the truth. If the person giving tips hide off, then imagine who are trading on their tips.

So whole point is, please post charts with explanation, and with clear point mentioning from where gann angles have been drawn. and basis for it.
Or else i request traderji moderator to please have a look into this thread, as i know somewhere in distant future its going to hurt fellow members.

Keshu_ambani I think the whole confusion comes from the name of the thread "Trading through Gann Angles". Why do you think that all my trades are based on Gann Angles only? My trades are based on Gann Theory and Gann Angle is one part of that theory. I cannot disclose my system with anyone because of the rules & regulations of my company.

Dear Traderji friends,

Not right to expect spoon feeding. If you are so interested in the Gann theory, there are many other threads dealing with the same on this forum. You may also google for other internet resources.

Dear Traderji friends,

Keshu

DPK does post charts and does explain important points when asked by members. It is understandable for her to not explain all details. People are not stupid. They may not always make money from trading but people are not stupid. Read from post 1 to 540 posts before making assumptions that everyone comes here for Tips.

Further DPK cannot be called a Tipster as by definition, a tipster would be a person who earns money by providing Tips and not necessarily trading on same tips. In fact, some tipsters actually trade opposite (Ask you to buy when they are selling)

Last edited:
a1b1trader and shivangi,
stoploss on closing basis means you have to take decision at 3:29pm. If the stock is getting closed below the mentioned level (@ 3:29pm) then close the position else carry forward the trade. As I am a positional or EOD trader so for me closing above or closing below a particular level is important.
For Eg. in DLF .....
OK, so this also means that I cannot flag my trade as MAXTRADE otherwise sharekhan RMS will auto-close it at 3:15PM. Off late, I've been doing this to get better margin use.

Sharing this point because there could be others like me ...

shivangi77

a1b1trader and shivangi,
stoploss on closing basis means you have to take decision at 3:29pm.If the stock is getting closed below the mentioned level (@ 3:29pm) then close the position else carry forward the trade. As i am a positional or EOD trader so for me closing above or closing below a particular level is important.
For Eg. in DLF from the last 3 days it is not able to give a close 170 level its not a buy for me until & unless it gives a close above 170.
In case of yesbank if u remember I gave the SL @ 438 on closing basis then after attaining 1st target the TSL was @ 441, for which it gave a close below 441 but it closed above 438. So for me it was a carry forward trade. Next day Justy used the same levels and made good profits in it. Intraday moves are not important for me , where the stock/index is getting closed is an important thing for me.
One more thing in DLF there is no support of Gann angle near 170. 170 is Gann SQ9 Level which is acting like a very very strong resistance for this counter. From the last 3 days it is trying to cross that level but is not able to cross.
First of all thanks, DPK
while going through your reply, 3 points creep in my mind. Please do reply when you have time
Point 01:
Time constraint:
As you said closing basis means stock must closed at that level, so that can be judged at 3.29pm only which is practically not possible for trader like me.
Like in yesbank case, i have to square it off at 3.25pm so that i have ample time to place order or if electricity failure then turning on backup etc.
So in your strategy can we take closing basis as price revolving at 3.25pm

Point 02:
Hot Stoploss:
As we all know SL is on closing basis. Now 341 was trailing SL which got met and I and justy got out wisely. But as you said 338 is original SL so we can carry forward trade as that level is not reached but then what trailing SL actually mean in your strategy as if SL is trailing at 341 then it is SL & we have to clear our positions at that level.
I was confused with 2 SL's at 341 and 338(As u didn't squared)

point 3:
Disaster Days
lets consider one rare scenario
Suppose we bought yesbank at 342 with SL 338 at 10am
Now nifty crashes (many days it happens) and yesbank fall upto 320 at 12 noon.
Prob is that our initial SL is very small but thats on closing basis but what about running day loss, how much we should bear.
so in this case, should we still hold the trade as market is not closed yet or we cover up at our own or wait for levels by your side.

hope I am not asking much :lol: