Trading Sovereign Gold Bonds on Kite(Zerodha)

Hi everyone,

Being a newbie to SGBs, I would like to know the following-

If we buy SGBs via trading on platforms like Kite, would we still be eligible for the fixed 2.5% per annum interest rate, or that we only need to directly buy them from banks on fixed dates of allotment approved by government?

Please guide. Thanks in advance.

sridhga

Every issue has a new code. Some of the codes that I happened to buy are like
SGBDEC26-GB
SGBNOV26-GB

But let me tell you. I never traded. I tried to place some sell orders and Zerodha would not let me. It just sits in my demat account.

I used the following link to buy when the issues were open:
https://zerodha.com/gold/

Also bought govt bonds when interest rates were good.
https://coin.zerodha.com/gsec

Hi guys,

I hold SGBs in certificate form but need to sell them in the secondary market. What is the process? Is there some link where I can read the process for the same? Please help

You would be eligible for interest. It gets credited to your bank account that you linked with Zerodha.
Thank you for your response. Are you very sure about this? Have you tried it for yourself too?

After trading, do we need to register somewhere else too to be eligible for interest, or will it be directly credited without any efforts?

sridhga

Thank you for your response. Are you very sure about this? Have you tried it for yourself too?

After trading, do we need to register somewhere else too to be eligible for interest, or will it be directly credited without any efforts?

No need to register anywhere. I get my interest credited to the bank account linked to my Zerodha account.

Hi everyone,

Being a newbie to SGBs, I would like to know the following-

If we buy SGBs via trading on platforms like Kite, would we still be eligible for the fixed 2.5% per annum interest rate, or that we only need to directly buy them from banks on fixed dates of allotment approved by government?

Please guide. Thanks in advance.

All the option are open for you. You have to choice according your need. But, you or anyone should not invest in share market through www.bluerockcapitalmarkets.com.It is dump