Trading seems to be a car with 4 gears

Just sharing this video and 4 stages Mike Bellafiore describes. I find it very valid

3 Stages of Trader

Consistency --> Sizing --> Breadth/Scope --> Sophistication

[see around 3:40]

Note these are not States (such as clueless, rookie, etc.) but Milestones on the Trading journey. No question from me on this. Just sharing..

Last edited:
I feel better to give a more catchy S-S-S name:

Steadiness (or any other better term starting with "S") --> Sizing --> Scope --> Sophistication

Last edited:
According to me, the four gears are Determination, Consistency, Patience and Hard Work. Handle these gears with care and your trading will move on to a fruitful ride.

According to me, the four gears are Determination, Consistency, Patience and Hard Work. Handle these gears with care and your trading will move on to a fruitful ride.
Actually I wanted to distinguish between outcomes/milestones and ingredients. That's why I prefer this framework from Mike.

Nish

On lighter note, most of the retail traders must be feeling that Trading is like a car kept on a Car Wheel Alignment hanging Trolly , which gives feeling of a running car but hardly reach its destination ! :)

Trading in the stock market seems to be 4 gears? Yes, if I am not wrong I think as gear provides leverage to your car speed, similarly 4 gears will provide leverage to your trade also, I keep these 4 as my gears.
1. Organised plan
2. Strong knowledge
3. Infinite patience
4. Proper risk management

Trading in the stock market seems to be 4 gears? Yes, if I am not wrong I think as gear provides leverage to your car speed, similarly 4 gears will provide leverage to your trade also, I keep these 4 as my gears.
1. Organised plan
2. Strong knowledge
3. Infinite patience
4. Proper risk management