Trading Quotable Quotes

"Don't focus on making money; focus on protecting what you have."

Paul Tudor Jones

"The most important thing in making money is not letting your losses get out of hand."

Marty Schwartz

"I always define my risk, and I don't have to worry about it."

Tony Saliba

"The key to trading success is emotional discipline. If intelligence were the key, there would be a lot more people making money trading... I know this will sound like a cliche, but the single most important reason that people lose money in the financial markets is that they don't cut their losses short."

Victor Sperandeo

"I think investment psychology is by far the more important element, followed by risk control, with the least important consideration being the question of where you buy and sell."

Tom Basso

"If I have positions going against me, I get right out; if they are going for me, I keep them... Risk control is the most important thing in trading. If you have a losing position that is making you uncomfortable, the solution is very simple: Get out, because you can always get back in."

Paul Tudor Jones

"The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance."

Ed Seykota

"When I get hurt in the market, I get the hell out. It doesn't matter at all where the market is trading. I just get out, because I believe that once you're hurt in the market, your decisions are going to be far less objective than they are when you're doing well... If you stick around when the market is severely against you, sooner or later they are going to carry you out."

Randy McKay

"I'll keep reducing my trading size as long as I'm losing... My money management techniques are extremely conservative. I never risk anything approaching the total amount of money in my account, let alone my total funds."

Randy McKay

"The fundamental law of investing is the uncertainty of the future."

Peter Bernstein

"There is the plain fool who does the wrong thing at all times anywhere, but there is the Wall Street fool who thinks he must trade all the time."

Jesse Livermore

"One common adage...that is completely wrongheaded is: You can't go broke taking profits. That's precisely how many traders do go broke. While amateurs go broke by taking large losses, professionals go broke by taking small profits."

William Eckhardt

Trading Quotable Quotes

Set of nice quotes,always uplifting to read them every now and then.

Thanx!

Saint

The basic concept that applies to both poker and trading is that the primary objects is not winning the most hands, but rather maximizing your gains.

Jeff Yass

As humans we do not come equipped to deal with the variety of randomness that is around us every day. Many professions deal with making processes and things work reliably. We are taught to strive for perfection, for high scores in school and in sports. This can be a handicap to traders. There is no perfection in trading. Instead traders must put probability in their favor.

Larry Sanders

It never was my thinking that made big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!

Jesse Livermore

There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables that defines an edge. In other words, based on the past performance of your edge, you may know that out of the next 20 trades, 12 will be winners and 8 will be losers. What you don't know is the sequence of wins and losses or how much money the market is going to make available on the winning trades. This truth makes trading a probability or numbers game. When you really believe that trading is simply a probability game, concepts like "right" and "wrong" or "win" and "lose" no longer have the same significance. As a result, your expectations will be in harmony with the possibilities.

Mark Douglas

The way to build superior long-term returns is through preservation of capital and home runs...When you have tremendous conviction on a trade, you have to go for the jugular. It takes courage to be a pig.

Stanley Druckenmiller

Every trader knows that market truth and practice are visceral, not cerebral. Market wisdom, like Samurai truth, is practical truth that can only be utilized and realized in action. It can never reside on the level of mere theory.

Robert Koppel, Tao of Trading

http://tradingquotes.blogspot.com/

I know it may sound strange to many readers, but there is an inverse relationship between analysis and trading results. More analysis or being able to make distinctions in the market's behavior will not produce better trading results. There are many traders who find themselves caught in this exasperating loop, thinking that more or better analysis is going to give them the confidence they need to do what needs to be done to achieve success. It's what I call a trading paradox that most traders find difficult, if not impossible to reconcile, until they realise you can't use analysis to overcome fear of being wrong or losing money. It just doesn't work!

Mark Douglas, Trading In The Zone

Mark Douglas Quotes

My philosophy is that all stocks are bad. There are no good stocks unless they go up in price. If they go down instead, you have to cut your losses fast....Letting losses run is the most serious mistake made by most investors.

William O'Neil

We typically trade our beliefs about the market and once we've made up our minds about those beliefs, we're not likely to change them. And when we play the markets, we assume that we are considering all of the available information. Instead, our beliefs, through selective perception, may have eliminated the most useful information.

Van K. Tharp, Ph.D.

Quotable Quotes In Trading Investing