Votes: 2 20.0%
  • zerodha

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • sas

• others

• Total voters
Looking at the different trading Platforms available what i observe is there are very few who provide indigenous platform like Zerodha's Pi, kite, tradetiger from sharekhan etc while other just copy them.
Today i saw sas using Pi by re branding it as Alpha.
Can Pro's provide some light on different trading platforms with Pros and cons along with brokerage ( like i heard from some good traders that low brokerage and okay-ish service is not a good way to go

My experience

I am with ZERODHA currently
-very good service for low brokerage
-Pioneer of lots of trading software solution and advance tech
-No hidden charges
** Never had problem with order execution

used Prostocks (lost 5k due to their tech fault)
- Although their brokerage is low provides unlimited trading at 899/-
899/- is not upfront cost they charge 2.5% on each trade upto 899/- max then no brokerage so Scalpers be careful
- Customer care know the basic but when it comes to important things they have no idea
- Order flow is not fluent
- On expiry (option trading) order freezes sometime.
** which i think is most deadly situation and here i lost 5k

used IDBI
- Same old problem of high brokerage
- lacks light year on trading platform
- good for reliability free call and trade
- Not worth it for intraday

Would love to hear your experience with Brokers

was on upstox, sick and tired of their issues, checked out others like finvasia to use with nse now, all these prostocks, finvasia have clients only in few thousands, this alone is preventing me from going there, so have opened a zerodha account. Is there any sebi protection, read about f6 finserv and since then cautious. Kotak 999 plan, RM told they give no leverage. Also I am a scalper, so multiple trades a day

OneThatGotAway

ZERODHA ** Never had problem with order execution LOL when spikes comes like nifty 1000 pts up down tell me about it
Bwt zerodha was my first broker ..those were days when zerodha didn;t had mcx :xD

There is something like Investor Protection Fund (IPF) as per the provision of SEBI circular no. CIR/MRD/DP/28/2014 dated September 29, 2014 to the maximum extent of Rs. 15 Lacs per client. So your trading capital is safe till 15 lac with any broker no matter wat viz
f6 finserv zerodha or finvasia or any other broker . you are protected till 15 lacs .

you have cheap discount broker keep an eye on
https://www.nseindia.com/invest/content/arbitration_status.htm
https://www.nseindia.com/invest/content/arbitration_reports/report_1c_2018_19.htm

Last edited:
You are a scalper and opened an account with Z.
Then Z brokerage and GST on it will eat out most of your profit :DD
thought so, anyways, will keep it for positional/ delivery stocks then. What do u suggest for scalping? IS finvasia the cheapest and the best then? I want one with NSE NOW please. finvasia and prostocks only have 10x eq margins though

Last edited:
thought so, anyways, will keep it for positional/ delivery stocks then. What do u suggest for scalping? IS finvasia the cheapest and the best then? I want one with NSE NOW please. finvasia and prostocks only have 10x eq margins though
hmmm
for scalping purpose or even otherwise, Finvasia and WisdomCapital, may be a good choice. But do your homework, before choosing. You can trade with these with zero brokerage, but with your own money, no leverage (though Finvasia allows 2x leverage for intraday at zero brokerage) and if you need extra leverage then their charges/plans are different.

hmmm
for scalping purpose or even otherwise, Finvasia and WisdomCapital, may be a good choice. But do your homework, before choosing. You can trade with these with zero brokerage, but with your own money, no leverage (though Finvasia allows 2x leverage for intraday at zero brokerage) and if you need extra leverage then their charges/plans are different.
2x for futures i suppose, 10x for equity. Have finvasia account, seems after a lot of brainstorming, decided to use zerodha and finvasia depending on situation. SAS online also seems good , have unlimited plan, and 9 rs otherwise, but no nse now

Raj232

Any information on Interactive Brokers? Anybody using their services. Care to share your review!
Heard that Interactive Brokers have a stable platform and competitive brokerage structure. Probably you would be one of the initial few to open and account and post the review :)

Any information on Interactive Brokers? Anybody using their services. Care to share your review!
I've been with IB for nearly a year now, trading mostly stock-futures but occasionally, cash market as well. Their services are very good & the price is on par with most Indian discount-brokers but no intraday margins anymore (they just stopped providing them a few weeks or so ago) & even the full/overnight margins for F&O can sometimes be higher than those prescribed by NSE/SEBI, based on IB's own perception of risk with respect to each stock. Same with cash market trading, although maybe they offer overnight margin for an interest (not sure as I only stick to intraday trading). Another annoying thing with cash market is that they don't allow even intraday shorting of some stocks. They also ask for high net-worth. So, these things alone will probably repel most Indian traders but if you can get past them, then IB probably have the best platform in India in terms of features, customization as well as stability, offers bracket-orders, GTC orders, two-legged option-orders & many other orders-types, API, & the list goes on. Their support is probably the best I've seen with any broker; very professional & informed, whether you contact them through online-chat or call them. All in all, they have their advantages as well as disadvantages.