Trading only based on Amibroker signals! Earning good profits.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Hi,
In recent times, I have started trading with commodity based on amibroker afl. And am surprised that following a trading system with proper position size is giving good returns with out any manual analysis.

Just realized that there would be many traders here who trade only based on AFL signals.

All these days i use to spend 8 hours a day for my analysis n trade based on that. But now after following afl based singals, am able to make profits without spending much time. Thanks to Tamil Trader from traderji who taught me how to use amibroker. But I just wanted to learn more about signal based trading.

Is anyone here who r folowing afl based signals for their trades for past 4 to 5 years?
Ru making good profits with afl signal based trades.?
If there any dis advantage with afl based trading, what r they?

jahan

Hi,
In recent times, I have started trading with commodity based on amibroker afl. And am surprised that following a trading system with proper position size is giving good returns with out any manual analysis.

Just realized that there would be many traders here who trade only based on AFL signals.

All these days i use to spend 8 hours a day for my analysis n trade based on that. But now after following afl based singals, am able to make profits without spending much time. Thanks to Tamil Trader from traderji who taught me how to use amibroker. But I just wanted to learn more about signal based trading.

Is anyone here who r folowing afl based signals for their trades for past 4 to 5 years?
Ru making good profits with afl signal based trades.?
If there any dis advantage with afl based trading, what r they?
Hello,

its good to see that,now u want to become Strategic trader......See in strategic trading the thing/Afl which work for somebody...may be not work for u...bcoz every trader is different....u said that the AFL ur now using is giving good results....don't change the things which are working for u....until unless u found another one which is better than ur current system/AFL.

to be able to judge a system based on startegy/afl ...i may suggest u to read Van.K.Tharp Book on "Definative guide to positon sizing".in which u will find how to judge a system and lot more other things.

when come to strategic/Afl based trading there are more advantages than disadvantages.

Regards,

DSM

Thanks Jahan for your post. Always note that your post are informative and insightful. Keep it coming.

Cheers.

Hello,

its good to see that,now u want to become Strategic trader......See in strategic trading the thing/Afl which work for somebody...may be not work for u...bcoz every trader is different....u said that the AFL ur now using is giving good results....don't change the things which are working for u....until unless u found another one which is better than ur current system/AFL.

to be able to judge a system based on startegy/afl ...i may suggest u to read Van.K.Tharp Book on "Definative guide to positon sizing".in which u will find how to judge a system and lot more other things.

when come to strategic/Afl based trading there are more advantages than disadvantages.

Regards,

hello
position sizing lovers

About 4years ago, two portfolio management schemes created history in India.

They proved that position cant help.

Looks blunt? too small a thing to say.
be ready to get kicked.

yes it is.

RELIGARE PMS

They meticulously followed position sizing, exhausted all capital per ticket,each ticket was rs 10 laks.
After 2 years, the value- real market worth of invested capital was found by clients to be at rs 3.3 laks. about 67% net worth eroded.

Religare Pms changed name of the company to Religare Mcquaire.

SHAREKHAN PMS, tok tickets based at rs 5 laks and during same time ticket ended up at value of rs 3.3 laks. about 40% net worth eroded.

CAN THE EXPERTS SAY WHAT IS WRONG?
WITH ALL PERFECT POSITION SIZING,WHY THE BOATS SUNK?

Sorry- correction
WHY THE TWO SHIPS GOT SUNK?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Truth is bitter. Like it or not.but you need to face it.

Last edited:

Cubt

Algo Trader
hello
position sizing lovers

About 4years ago, two portfolio management schemes created history in India.

They proved that position cant help.

Looks blunt? too small a thing to say.
be ready to get kicked.

yes it is.

RELIGARE PMS

They meticulously followed position sizing, exhausted all capital per ticket,each ticket was rs 10 laks.
After 2 years, the value- real market worth of invested capital was found by clients to be at rs 3.3 laks. about 67% net worth eroded.

Religare Pms changed name of the company to Religare Mcquaire.

SHAREKHAN PMS, tok tickets based at rs 5 laks and during same time ticket ended up at value of rs 3.3 laks. about 40% net worth eroded.

CAN THE EXPERTS SAY WHAT IS WRONG?
WITH ALL PERFECT POSITION SIZING,WHY THE BOATS SUNK?

Sorry- correction
WHY THE TWO SHIPS GOT SUNK?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Truth is bitter. Like it or not.but you need to face it.
Thanks ford, but what was the reason for failure? my only question is

Is following a system with good money n risk management is enough to be a successful trader? Or am I missing something?

poortrader

Thanks ford, but what was the reason for failure? my only question is

Is following a system with good money n risk management is enough to be a successful trader? Or am I missing something?
Hi

Your signature says you are a certified TA and also certified in Currency. Just curious. Then you should be eye balling the charts, isn't it. Many of the experienced traders (who are making profits) would vouch for reading price action and charts rather then simply trade by AFL because the AFL might work for particular markets but may fail in a changed scenario. However, backtest rigorously and check for yrself the results of your afl.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Hi

Your signature says you are a certified TA and also certified in Currency. Just curious. Then you should be eye balling the charts, isn't it. Many of the experienced traders (who are making profits) would vouch for reading price action and charts rather then simply trade by AFL because the AFL might work for particular markets but may fail in a changed scenario. However, backtest rigorously and check for yrself the results of your afl.
Do you follow a afl based system?

Cubt

Algo Trader
Hi

However, backtest rigorously and check for yrself the results of your afl.
Even a beginner who start with afl based trading, the 1st thing he would have did is backtesting his system. I have did my back test as well and its satisfactory and am very well aware of the fact that one afl might not work in other markets, other instruments.

When every thing goes well as per the plan, then its time to be extra careful. Am being more catious, so that I do not missout anything when following a back tested system.?

Thats why am looking for someone who is trading based on a system, like our member stock72.