Trading Nifty

Dear Friends,

I am starting a new thread on Nifty.

Please note that if you are a new trader or if you do not have sufficient back up funds, do dummy trades only, so that there is no loss.

At any given time, i normally have positions in Nifty

Today (23rd July 2007), expect Nifty to open with a negative gap. We believe that this would be a good buying opportunity at around 4500-4530 levels on the future for a target of 4700. Buy August series only.

Gaurav Kumar

As expected Nifty opened weak and went into the positive zone. Hold on to Nifty at present. We expect Nifty to open up with a gap and move up today.
Target for nifty 4690-4730 in the short term.

Gaurav Kumar

Dear Friends,
Nifty opened strong as expected but then corrected in the latter part of the day.
International markets are again weak, which could drag nifty to a weak openeing today. For high risk takers it would a good opportunity to buy. Others should wait and watch.
For the moment we continue to hold 4700 as the target.
Gaurav Kumar

Dear Friends,
As expected Nifty opened weak but recovered, ending a few points down. today is the expiry of july contracts. expect the market to have an upward bias. Market is preparing itself to the target of 4700.
Gaurav Kumar

rkkarnani

Dear Friends,
As expected Nifty opened weak but recovered, ending a few points down. today is the expiry of july contracts. expect the market to have an upward bias. Market is preparing itself to the target of 4700.
Gaurav Kumar
Hi, Seems you have been right on target about the broad market movements. Before one starts trading your calls, it is indeed required that you give a price range in which to enter and also a STOP LOSS. Also a Target would be highly appreciated. As suggested by you, i wish to 'paper trade' your calls BUT in that case too one would need Stop Loss levels.
Best regards.
-R.K.Karnani

Hi R.K.Karnani,
In reply to what you have asked.
1. I have indeed given a target of 4700.
2. In my first post three-four days ago, i had mentioned that the market would open weak and it would give an opportunity to get in at 4500-4530 levels. Plus minus a few points is irrelevant.
3. Every day i have continued maintaining that the target is indeed 4700, so if you were getting Nifty at say 4570 or 4550, what is the fear?
4. Stop losses are advised by those who do not understand market movements or are scared that they would be wrong.
5. Had you placed any stop loss, your stop loss would have been trigerred by now almost on a daily basis, leading to losses.On the other hand we are about 50 points plus from our buy price, without any stop loss (and without any fear)
6. My calls can indeed go wrong (nobody is god), but when they do go wrong i either book a small loss or hedge. Stop losses are always true to their name, i.e. they lead to losses. So i never place stop losses (well almost never).
7. If you have anything above 1,00,000/- or more available for investment, my methods would ensure that losses are rare and very small. One could almost say that they are not there.
8. Most people do not understand markets or how to invest in them, so they make common mistakes and they keep on repeating the mistakes.
9. My investment strategies are very different from others in the field.
10. Please carry out paper trades only, till you understand my methods. I would not like anybody to loose any money.
11. While my thread is on nifty, i apply the same principles on stocks also.

Hope i have answered you satisfactorily,
With best wishes,
Gaurav Kumar

R

ratan jain

So what u are saying is that basically you never ever use stop losses.

People who advise stop losses dont understand the markets and are scared...thats your point if I am not mistaken.

Good way to trade.....

You said when u are wrong u book small losses.........where and at what level do u accept that u are wrong? when u book small losses, is that not a stop loss?

But still a very good way to trade.....