Trading/Investing from USA which broker is the best?

Namaste Everyone,

I am currently in USA and investing in India using a local broker (stockholdings). He is charging me 1% each way (Buy or sell) which is too much. I just opened an account on my mothers name with ICICI bank so I can trade online? I can not daytrade due to the time difference of 10.5 hours but I certainly want to trade online by placing orders after market close for the next day. Can anyone please advide which online broker I should use?? Some people suggested Sharekhan and ICICI Direct.

Thanks in advance

Hey,

Kotak now coming out with BSE trading also,
Kotak has its Desktop trading application (KEAT)
Reallly fine...............................

Please dont try ICICIDIRECT.com Which is one of worst Site.
Rest everything is good. (Sharekhan dont have BSE Access)

regards

Hariharan. M

Thanks everyone for your prompt and useful reply. I will probably try sharekhan. TDWaterhause??? I need to try them too as it is a very reputed firm in USA.

Thanks and All the best.

Hello,
Kotaksecurities is also a good option as they are charging less brokerage than most brokers.I am dealing with them for the last 12 months and my experience is satisfying.

agratru said:
Namaste Everyone,

I am currently in USA and investing in India using a local broker (stockholdings). He is charging me 1% each way (Buy or sell) which is too much. I just opened an account on my mothers name with ICICI bank so I can trade online? I can not daytrade due to the time difference of 10.5 hours but I certainly want to trade online by placing orders after market close for the next day. Can anyone please advide which online broker I should use?? Some people suggested Sharekhan and ICICI Direct.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

Watch out for sharekhan if u are a trader and interested in short term gains-it somehow seems they manage make u lose whatever gains u have made by various means-during the window of oppurtunity they make sure ur order does not materialise for -u dont get an acknowledgement of the order or in the worst case as has happened today the 22 june 06 there system went dead from 1412 hrs and promply came alive at 1529hrs when the market was closing?

quicken:eek: :cool: