trading futures on technical analysis with toocool

toocool

hi guys

i am trading nifty futures for last 5 years and saw quite a few ups and downs still surviving :thumb:, i am starting this diary thread too enhance knowledge of traders here and myself too , a diary writing keeps you in good shape , thoughts get well settled deep in the mind , i will soon start posting with my last 1 month trades and keep on going as things go ahead in my trading . it will be mainly for nifty future trading only but other stuff like stock future ,equity ,investments and other stuff may be added by me later

cheers

toocool

these are my past trades starting late july 2013, commentary is also as written by me in my digital general diary for myself in my pc, at that time

booked half just now @5621.....................still carrying half shorts taken @6021 , the trend was never this clear to me , my first ever 400 points run ever

i was intraday player for 1st 3 years and then turned swing trader just 1.5 -2 years back , and believe me when i tell you this, it was tough , very tough transformation , i hope to keep evolving for the better from now on , i cant even think to trade intraday now

cheers

toocool

16 august

so today after 5-10 minutes of opening i shorted the nifty and shorted @5724 september futures and in little more than an hour it fell 100 points + , so thats a new record ,for fastest 100 + ever for me :)

still carrying , i do not know the end result , neither should i try to (thats the way i trade these days, with no regrets even if this position goes for a loss) ,because , markets can do anything,this may even turn out to be an at par or even loss trade too .period
market fell like hell today on 5 minutes chart

said it earlier ,saying it again ,its getting scarier day by day , and my belief is that we have not seen panic in the rupee yet , it will downpour once that happens

cheers

toocool

19 august

so my broker zerodha , had organised a 60 day ,being in net profit challenge(challenge was to be in net profit after starting the challenge for next 60 days), the challenge was over 1 month back i guess , and i didnt care much to get the reward :) , which was full brokerage refund for that 60 day period , few days back i thought atleast i should get myself the reward that i deserve , so they also sent me a certificate , i secured 25-30% return over my nett margin money with them ,in 60 days or 3 months time , with current rate in an year the returns are projected to be 100 % (of margin money) , i deleted the name and my id in certificate for obvious reasons , the next 60 day challenge is already on and i have opted for it too , still almost 2 months are left for that , lets hope i would get better at it this time

cheers

toocool

21 august
ok booked out yesterdays 1/3rd with 188 points profit today , still carrying 1/3rd , no issues ,it was taken @5724 , even a 150-200 points rally wont jittery me now on this one , now i think markets may be showing some signs of a rally to about 5500 or a bit more but thats it , it would again be a shorting opportunity now market will take it a bit easy i think and next leg of bear market may come about after 4-8 trading sessions , depend on markets up momentum

cheers

toocool

29 august
so the reason i booked out from my shorts avg 5164 is as follows , btw the last 30% i booked was at 5136 because look at chart below the ,markets had fallen 200 points the day before and again 150 points yesterday morning itself, the daily 150+ points fall was unsustainable , also you can see the booked point and the difference it had from 20 ema on 60 minutes chart below , it had to cover itself , so booking was most sane thing to do

cheers

toocool

30 august

i again lost 30 points on friday so that makes 80 points loss in 2 days , atleast on friday i should have minimum 50-60 points profit instead , but thats the way i am ,keep doing mistake and keep learning :)

cheers

toocool

so basically with all plus minus in from july to august i made some net 500+ points(loss of 80 points adjusted)

i do not count my points exactly because i am not comfortable that way right now as i just started making money just very recently , maybe it will change in near futire and i will count exact points but not now

cheers