Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

amrutham

May 2019 - Zerodha accounts review.

Again this was a reasonably good month, even though very volatile with NF moving more than 100 points on most of the days.

Tried with bull call spread with NF (11200 CE / 11300 CE) and BN ( 29500 CE/29700 CE) during election results and it resulted in good profit. Other than that my regular strategies didn't yield much profits due to high volatility.

Total gross profit for the month is 2.26 lakhs and net profit is around 1.63 lakhs.
June 2019 - Zerodha accounts review.

It was a very challenging month where my regular strategies gave good profit. But couple of directional trades with BN went wrong which resulted in minor loss.

Total Gross profit is 18K ,but net loss for the month is around 25K. Need to be very careful in July not to make it two in a row.

Z1_Jun2019.png

Z2_Jun2019.png

mohan.sic

I wanted a full service broker as I could only use my mobile app for trading and I trade daily. I’m not sure if there are any full service brokers who could compete with Zerodha and the likes.

Kindly suggest some if you know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are looking for a full service broker who can compete a discount broker in terms on charges, I think thats illogical.

Bcz if we are not paying that broker for his service, how can he pay salaries to his employees.

If you are a big trader, you can have a ac with discount broker and hire a person for placing orders. You can save brokerage and it's also good to give life to other person. If it's tough individually, you can use the person to place orders for your friends accounts also and share his costs.

jyotixxx

SarangSood

Big one sided move.

I tried to sell couple of naked puts and ended in losses. Though covered losses at end of the day.

How was the day for other options writers today?
Why write options on such a volatile day?

After a good budget day for option selling Monday morning volatility wasn't expected. First fifteen minutes was a good opportunity to book minimum loss and get out. It can only be done if you follow volatility very closely and cut the loses quickly.

pannet1

Why write options on such a volatile day?

After a good budget day for option selling Monday morning volatility wasn't expected. First fifteen minutes was a good opportunity to book minimum loss and get out. It can only be done if you follow volatility very closely and cut the loses quickly.
Hi SarangSood,
How do you follow volatality?

@others
Meanwhile, this options stuff is jaw dropping.

SarangSood

Hi SarangSood,
How do you follow volatality?

@others
Meanwhile, this options stuff is jaw dropping.

Hi @pannet1

In the most simplest of terms i follow volatility by closely following the M2M of my Delta neutral position. I never take bulk position in one go because that would put me in a risky position as the trend of volatility is never clear at the starting. So i start small and keep adding on my position throughout the day and subsequent days as the trend continues. This generally happens 5-6 times a month and gives 7-8% on my capital. Rest all days are no work or loses. Because i don't take bulk position in one go my loses don't hurt me as much.

When I don't have positions, i mock trade in 7-8 common option strategies which keep me aligned with the market conditions and allows me to spot a non volatile trend at it's inception. Over the years i have realized that volatility tends to say the truth. So non volatile conditions generally stay for a while.

Volatility is more complicated than people think it is. Sometimes the premiums or Vix fall but the delta moves in the index don't support it creating some hidden volatility which manifests in gap openings or wild moves. So writing options just because premiums erode is not the way to go. Also the execution and adjustment takes experience. One needs to have solid knowledge of option greeks to maintain an open short volatile position.

I hope you find some answer from my post though i have just scratched the surface on volatility.