Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

jyotixxx

Have you given it a thought to reduce no of trades by taking only high conviction trades....10-20 trades every day is too much are you doing scalping with 1 or 2 lots...broker will go broke if you leave as a customer
:p

10-20 means 5-10 entry.
Not much though. If I do 10 lots every order, brokerage would be negligible!! But for that I need lots of money

SarangSood

Sirji, hope all is fine.. not seeing any post from you or @SarangSood !!
Hi Raj! Everything is fine. Not much activity here on traderji for option writers so not actively participating, though i saw your thread which is a great initiative.

June has been below my average performance because of the wild moves which increase the adjustment cost. Apart from 3-4 trading days none were good for delta neutral strategies, so i was not able to trade freely with full capital employed. Still just managed to remain positive which i feel is good because such months come once in a while.

Raj232

Hi Raj! Everything is fine. Not much activity here on traderji for option writers so not actively participating, though i saw your thread which is a great initiative.

June has been below my average performance because of the wild moves which increase the adjustment cost. Apart from 3-4 trading days none were good for delta neutral strategies, so i was not able to trade freely with full capital employed. Still just managed to remain positive which i feel is good because such months come once in a while.
Yes, the adjustment seems to be the main part.. without adjustment, the position can easily go into big loss with a unidirectional /trending day !!

:p

10-20 means 5-10 entry.
Not much though. If I do 10 lots every order, brokerage would be negligible!! But for that I need lots of money
What does this mean?

I trade using Karvy. If I do 10 lots in a buy order, are there brokers who charge for only one execution? In Karvy, if I put in one buy order for 10 lots, my brokerage would be 1000 (100/lot).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soft_trader

What does this mean?

I trade using Karvy. If I do 10 lots in a buy order, are there brokers who charge for only one execution? In Karvy, if I put in one buy order for 10 lots, my brokerage would be 1000 (100/lot).

That's insane. You need to change broker then. Gone are the days of 100/lot brokerage.

That's insane. You need to change broker then. Gone are the days of 100/lot brokerage.
I wanted a full service broker as I could only use my mobile app for trading and I trade daily. I’m not sure if there are any full service brokers who could compete with Zerodha and the likes.

Kindly suggest some if you know. Thanks.

jyotixxx

I wanted a full service broker as I could only use my mobile app for trading and I trade daily. I’m not sure if there are any full service brokers who could compete with Zerodha and the likes.

Kindly suggest some if you know. Thanks.

I have not seen better mobile app than Kite 3 by zerodha