Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

amrutham

Personally I feel you are good at OPTIONS ,please stick to Options rather than Equity.If you have other plans .please go ahead.
You are right. Options trading is entirely different from portfolio building. With options, if your entry is wrong, you can adjust the position and minimize the loss.

I think in case of TataMotors, I have underestimated the impact of the margins due to their international business (JLR). Domestic level, they are doing reasonably well.
Anyway I am planning to hold the shares (entry @ 180) for some more time and see how it goes. In the mean time, I can get some of the money back in the form of OTM covered calls.

In case of INFY, my entry was quite good and I entered at around 900 level before stock split and hence break-even is 450. This also, i am able to recover a portion of the money till now by writing OTM covered calls.

iwillwin

Very bad day for my equity portfolio.

Its almost 1 lakh loss in a single session.

Infy - 3K (1000 Qty)
TataMotors - 96K (3000 Qty)

Planning to buy 1000 Qty more of TataMotors if it stabilizes around 150 for a couple of days.
For many who have not read earlier....amrutham ji has a trading capital of 50 lacs, on that account size he is considering Rs 1 lac loss very bad....it is indeed a lesson for us who are not very capitalize and should not risk more and focus on strict risk management....
I am sure amrutham will recover the loss by option hedging or trading soon....
I know traders who have lost 1 lac on 5-6 lac capital....later they curse market and operators... everything is manipulation blah blah

anildnr

JAN 2019 - Zerodha accounts review.

Only options trading was done in these accounts. Predominantly with NF monthly and BN weekly options with my regular strategies.

The month went quite well without much volatility.

Total gross profit is 3.28 lakhs and net is 2.7 lakhs.

View attachment 33270 View attachment 33271
Amrutham, first of all congrats once again.Definitely I can say the profits you get like this by following simple option strategies with adjustments are motivational for other trader friends.
All the best

anildnr

For many who have not read earlier....amrutham ji has a trading capital of 50 lacs, on that account size he is considering Rs 1 lac loss very bad....it is indeed a lesson for us who are not very capitalize and should not risk more and focus on strict risk management....
I am sure amrutham will recover the loss by option hedging or trading soon....
I know traders who have lost 1 lac on 5-6 lac capital....later they curse market and operators... everything is manipulation blah blah
You are right. Most of the people (even me also) enter into trading just by assuming that we can earn fast. Unfortunately whatever the trade we take without knowing anything..that will end in profit which boost us and make us to think in easy manner. and losing money without earning .

Definitely we have good experiences from people like amrutham..sarangsood..forgot another friend name,I think he is mycall.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
@amrutham - Claps for you.

I find your story Inspiring. I am also someone like you who has worked in IT Industry from last 10 years.
Want to become a full time trader by End of 2020. I have just started from september 2017, and am a newbie. Read Books on technical Analysis , try my hands on Amibroker etc etc. Watch youtube videos and learning a lot.
I always wondered are there people who really trade for the living ? You gave me answer :)

Wishing you all the best in coming future and keep all of us motivated by your success.

N.B. - I read the rediff article shared by you its really inspirational. God bless the girl.

Regards,
Adi.
Very inspiring story of the girl! She is now motivational speaker and runs a NGO to encourage people with injuries like her.

https://www.ntd.tv/inspiring/storie...-earning-3-crores-a-month-all-by-herself.html

amrutham

Finally NF weekly options are here.

Have taken the below position to just try out them .

NF Spot @ 10870
Expiry: 14th Feb 2019

Buy NF 10850 CE 300 Qty @ 78
Sell NF 10950 CE 600 Qty @ 31

Net debit (78-62)*300 = 4800

Have taken this position with a view that NF will trade in 10800 - 11000 range till this expiry. Will exit the position if NF breaks 11000 on upside.

Last edited: