Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

amrutham

Hi,
I too am missing Amrutham’s updates.
As far as my trades are concerned, I am nowhere. My broker made the money!
Consistency is the key, but somewhere some how it gets strayed and by the time you recover from the mishap, something else happens. May be because I am playing with too little money and hence can afford only intraday that too under MIS.
Looking forward to your updates.
Regards
Being well capitalized is very important. Else you are forced to take higher risks.

Being well capitalized is very important. Else you are forced to take higher risks.
Do post your trading ideas whenever you find time, amrutham,many of us would like to see you come back and post regularly.

Smart_trade

anildnr

Now I have completed 2 years full time trading.

Till now I have been withdrawing money regularly for expenses, irrespective of profit/loss. Since not many consecutive loss months till now, this process is working fine and account is growing quarter on quarter.

In future if I encounter a situation where I cannot withdraw money, I plan to use the contingency fund (around 10L in FD) which I set aside for this purpose at the beginning of the trading.
Nice to see u amrutham...ur planning is simply superb man

nil.nik.9777

Very bad day for my equity portfolio.

Its almost 1 lakh loss in a single session.

Infy - 3K (1000 Qty)
TataMotors - 96K (3000 Qty)

Planning to buy 1000 Qty more of TataMotors if it stabilizes around 150 for a couple of days.
Very bad.
I have colleagues stuck in Tata motors from 330 to 400 levels.
You can hedge it with far otm puts or write itm calls, just to reduce the losses

columbus

Infy - 3K (1000 Qty)

Planning to buy 1000 Qty more of TataMotors if it stabilizes around 150 for a couple of days.
Personally I feel you are good at OPTIONS ,please stick to Options rather than Equity.If you have other plans .please go ahead.

columbus

Infy - 3K (1000 Qty)

Intraday trading is altogether a different ball game. Investing fetches more compared to trading.

Where TaMo is concerned, even the management has stated that they don't expect much improvement before H2-2020. Their guidance is also down for JLR. So maybe it is too early to start accumulating, unless a SIP kind of thing.