Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

amrutham

Hi Amrutham,
That looks like a nice spread.
But was wondering why would you choose 300PE on upside, was it due to 300 being strong resistance?
Help me with your thought process.

How about going with 290PE at around 35, it would give fully positive result on upside and while longer range on down side till about 235?

Apologies if you have been explaining this earlier in the thread, just started following it recently!
There are couple of reasons to select 300 PE.

1) Since it is a nice round figure, liquidity is more and OI will be high at this level.
2) Since I am eyeing this stock to acquire, I am happy if it goes down below 240 or if trades between 240 -300.

amrutham

Cheers mate,
i just finished 3 years as full time trader, During the young age, with 6 digit salary, i quit everything to fulfill my passion, and, i am very happy with it, instead of working someone, we can progress ourselves, it's really happy to see the same guy like me, wishing for your all success
Very happy to see one more successful full time trader.

I have completed 1 and half years with this month and have enjoyed every bit of it. More than the money its freedom and doing what you actually like.

If you don't mind, please share your journey and the strategies you are using.

SarangSood

Hi Amrutham,
That looks like a nice spread.
But was wondering why would you choose 300PE on upside, was it due to 300 being strong resistance?
Help me with your thought process.

How about going with 290PE at around 35, it would give fully positive result on upside and while longer range on down side till about 235?

Apologies if you have been explaining this earlier in the thread, just started following it recently!
Planning to take below stock option trade tomorrow for Sept expiry.

TataMotors Friday closing price @255

Sell TataMotors 270 PE 3000 Qty @ 19.5
Buy TataMotos 300 PE 1500 Qty @ 42.5

Net Debit = 42.5 - 19.5-19.5 = 3.5*1500 = 5250

Margin blocked in Zerodha = around 90K

Plan of Action :

If it closes above 300 by expiry, then this can be made atleast a break-even trade by adjusting 270 PE upwards towards the end of the series.

Below 240, this position will start giving loss, and planning to acquire the stock with cost price around 240.

If it closes between 240 and 300, this position will give profit with max profit, 40K @ 270.
Have not taken this trade, since the initial debt as per the new prices is more than expected and the spread between bid/ask is too high.

Will wait until next week to initiate this trade.
That was what i was wondering. The spread between bid/ask is way to high. Can still try strategies like covered call where one leg is an option and other future or cash. But having both legs in stock options can leak a good deal in entering and exiting only.

Very happy to see one more successful full time trader.

I have completed 1 and half years with this month and have enjoyed every bit of it. More than the money its freedom and doing what you actually like.

If you don't mind, please share your journey and the strategies you are using.
sure, Late 2008 when i was working in Singapore my house owner always watch some alien thing in his laptop, he never work and he never leave from home during the weekdays, one day i decided to break that mystery, with some hesitation i directly asked him about what he is doing in the laptop, due to the loneliness he given a day long explanation about fx trading, that day onwards, when i am free during weekdays, i sit with him, learn some basics about fx trading, in 2010 i returned to india and fly to saudi arabia for another project , During that days alpari uk is operating well, so, i blindly open a real account and vanished all amount (1500$) within 3 months, that moment i realized that i need to learn a lot, it's a 1500$ worth of lession, until beginning of 2014 i learn many things, hundreds of sleepless nights and thousands of reading, But, I open and blown another 3 micro fx accounts (Each 100$), then late 2014 after analyze my trading results and i battle again with high confidence, i deposited 1000$ in standard account which i doubled 3 times within a year, i got a confidence to give a paper to my HR as resignation, then middle of 2015 to till now i am doing as a full time fx trader, trading is an epic journey, Never give up, if god willing, having an idea to open my trading and investment firm at 2020 in UAE, PRAY FOR ME

amrutham

That was what i was wondering. The spread between bid/ask is way to high. Can still try strategies like covered call where one leg is an option and other future or cash. But having both legs in stock options can leak a good deal in entering and exiting only.
Yeah. Next month stock options are very difficult to trade. I think we have to stick with current month options only.

amrutham

sure, Late 2008 when i was working in Singapore my house owner always watch some alien thing in his laptop, he never work and he never leave from home during the weekdays, one day i decided to break that mystery, with some hesitation i directly asked him about what he is doing in the laptop, due to the loneliness he given a day long explanation about fx trading, that day onwards, when i am free during weekdays, i sit with him, learn some basics about fx trading, in 2010 i returned to india and fly to saudi arabia for another project , During that days alpari uk is operating well, so, i blindly open a real account and vanished all amount (1500$) within 3 months, that moment i realized that i need to learn a lot, it's a 1500$ worth of lession, until beginning of 2014 i learn many things, hundreds of sleepless nights and thousands of reading, But, I open and blown another 3 micro fx accounts (Each 100$), then late 2014 after analyze my trading results and i battle again with high confidence, i deposited 1000$ in standard account which i doubled 3 times within a year, i got a confidence to give a paper to my HR as resignation, then middle of 2015 to till now i am doing as a full time fx trader, trading is an epic journey, Never give up, if god willing, having an idea to open my trading and investment firm at 2020 in UAE, PRAY FOR ME
Thanks for sharing. All the best.

So many people chose UAE as a best option for trading even I have known couple of friends trading from UAE. Nice to know and my confidence level increased by reading this. Thanks a lot for story and all the best.

pannet1

Hi Senthil,

What happened after 2015 till now . are you able to survive on the income from trading alone .. FX spreads are crazy ... are you still with Alpari UK ... I read some where very bad about them .. God bless.

Last edited:
Hi Senthil,

What happened after 2015 till now . are you able to survive on the income from trading alone .. FX spreads are crazy ... are you still with Alpari UK ... I read some where very bad about them .. God bless.
You are right, alpari UK was closed due to insolvency, But, Luckily that time i was traded with Thinkforex Australia, After the huge loss of my first account i leave from alpari and i stick with Thinkmarkets Australian Broker, Also during the reppo rate data in CHF i am just watching the market i never enter any trade during data release, also, Anticipating and entering during data release is like killing your account yourself, i never forgot that day alpari's announcement in their homepage, so, i took screen shot for remember this remarkable event, Not only alpari Excel markets also closed, i knew that they are also well established broker from New zeland and their last note is heart touching, i wish to share that all with our fellow traders to remember the Swiss Tsunami day, That day many traders are claiming their losses and many of them crying, From 2015 to till now i have been trading with Thinkmarkets Broker, Spreads and execution is Great and reasonable, Thank you

Attachments