Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

sreperu

I think these are treated as equity funds.

As per clerartax:

These funds are treated as equity funds for the purpose of taxation. If you stay invested in them for a period of up to 1 year, you make short-term capital gains (STCG) which are taxable. STCG are taxed at the rate of 15%. If you stay invested in them for a period of more than 1 year, the gains will be treated as long-term capital gains (LTCG). LTCG in excess of Rs.1lac is taxed at the rate of 10% without the benefit of indexation.

Regarding exposure I am not sure. If anybody is using them, please confirm.
So If i consider this investment for more than a year then tax will be applied for the profit part means 10% on that profit, is it correct Amrutham?

amrutham

So If i consider this investment for more than a year then tax will be applied for the profit part means 10% on that profit, is it correct Amrutham?
10% on long term profit which is more than one lakh.
If your total long term profit in FY is less than one lakh, then no tax.

Let's say your long term profit in FY is 120000, then you have to pay tax of 2000.

Last edited:
Probability,

7.5K is the net credit received today against initial debit of 5K.

I have not mentioned P/L for this position, since 27500 PE leg is still open and most probably will expire worhtless.

In that case, net profit on the whole position will be around 2.5K
Thanks for clarification

kingsmasher1

Made adjustment to this position.

BN spot @ 28030

Sell BN 28000 PE 80 Qty @ 82

Credit = 6.5K

Net Debit for the position = 1.3K
@amrutham
This is my first post to your blog, and i will start by saying this is the best and the most inspiring thread amongst all i have encountered till date in traderji. Keep up the great work.

One question - You adjusted the present butterfly by Selling BN 28000 PE expecting it will expire above 28000. But this is not hedged in the downside which means risk in downside is infinite. Why not use a second butterfly OR use some kind of adjustment spreads like in this link? http://www.optionstradingiq.com/butterfly-course-part-12-adjustments/