Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

kingsmasher1

In trading very few are successfull ...in that successfull traders club amrutham one of them....as all says only below 5% are success here who making consistent profits on yearly basis...other 95% are failures mostly.....when failure comes one start to give negative comments against success full peoples and market &trading is HELL for them :D ...So just avoid those peoples comments :cool:
Do you understand why 95% traders lose money and only a rare few make it? Rather than avoiding the comments of those or making a mockery let's try to understand the actual reason.

The real reason for 95% traders to be unsuccessful is same as the reason why 95% of the population is financially average or poor. That is they dont have enough money to invest.

It is a known fact that market is range bound most of the time and trending only at occasions...which is again the reason why most of the options expire worthless. So if you are able to bring a large enough capital to continually maintain a delta neutral position and another chunk of capital to keep on making adjustments to maintain delta neutrality until they expire then you are amongst the lucky few who can trade and live on the markets income.

Trading solely based on price-action with a small capital and hoping to become a millionaire one day will only lead you to be a peniless pauper. Unless you run a hedge fund with a huge capital or do algo-based trading and remain invested for long enough time which most of the retail traders can't afford because they need that money elsewhere perhaps to pay their bills.

Psychologically if you have something which you can't afford to lose you will hang on to it at every cost...if you relate it to the markets same is the reason the retail traders with a small capital can't easily take a loss..because it's their hard earned money or perhaps a loan...so the moment the markets go against they cling on to it...either they do average, or increase the stoploss or do whatever until the small loss turns to a huge one and finally they are completely wiped out from the markets.

I am surprised how you being in the markets so long unaware of this basic fact and making a mockery.

VJAY

Do you understand why 95% traders lose money and only a rare few make it? Rather than avoiding the comments of those or making a mockery let's try to understand the actual reason.

The real reason for 95% traders to be unsuccessful is same as the reason why 95% of the population is financially average or poor. That is they dont have enough money to invest.

It is a known fact that market is range bound most of the time and trending only at occasions...which is again the reason why most of the options expire worthless. So if you are able to bring a large enough capital to continually maintain a delta neutral position and another chunk of capital to keep on making adjustments to maintain delta neutrality until they expire then you are amongst the lucky few who can trade and live on the markets income.

Trading solely based on price-action with a small capital and hoping to become a millionaire one day will only lead you to be a peniless pauper. Unless you run a hedge fund with a huge capital or do algo-based trading and remain invested for long enough time which most of the retail traders can't afford because they need that money elsewhere perhaps to pay their bills.

Psychologically if you have something which you can't afford to lose you will hang on to it at every cost...if you relate it to the markets same is the reason the retail traders with a small capital can't easily take a loss..because it's their hard earned money or perhaps a loan...so the moment the markets go against they cling on to it...either they do average, or increase the stoploss or do whatever until the small loss turns to a huge one and finally they are completely wiped out from the markets.

I am surprised how you being in the markets so long unaware of this basic fact and making a mockery.
Am not making mockery anyone here and never will be ..as i too came through the way like everyone who came to trading ..i knew how the path is..and no comments about other your views...

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

I am following this forum for last 4 years and this is my first post.

I was a software engineer by profession and worked in the filed for 12 years. Finally I quit my job in Jan 2017 and started full time trading.

I am into trading for last 9 years, mostly options trading.
In the beginning of my trading career I used to buy options mostly. Some times I win and some times i lose.

After accumulating enough capital from my job earnings, I quit my job last year and started trading.

Since Jan 2017,, I am able to generate consistent income by writing options. In the last FY 2017-2018, I am able to generate profit more than my last annual salary.

Its mostly Nifty current month options and BN weekly options and occasionally stock options.

To be continued..
its very happy to know that very happy to see such people macha...