trading data to excel worksheet software

mastermind007

Oh man! Here we go...

Select Link to Excel in Nest, open Excel, paste.

(The Nest command is in the market watch's context menu)
In Trade Tiger, the menu choice is named as Snap-To-Excel. You see it
when you right click on any market watch. It starts streaming data into
excel, presto.You have to write analysis in a different sheet.
:clap:

mastermind007

Hi mastermind and yusi

A lot of very useful posts here and I am the end-gainer. Sorry that I could not come to TJ these days due to my initial hiccups in day trading. After losing a few lakh I am on the threshold of some regular profit I believe, though today I lost heavily when I could have exited with a hefty profit-thanks to the communication gap between me and the broker's staff on what number of lots could be taken for delivery. That was a big lesson (no shoulders to cry on so I would use yours' :(

Well, this time I linked my data to xl and no response. no file was generated. Any clue? I am willing to accept that there will be streaming data, but I still think the same cell will be refreshed with new data and the old one will be lost on the screen. I may need to write something to capture each refresh of each symbol to a file.

And no, I was never a programmer and I don't wish to be. I am a civil engineer who was attracted to gwbasic etc. by the way and my bosses were none too happy that I was "playing around" with the computer. Incidentally, I wrote something which was the first of that kind written in India and they changed to being appreciative.

My id is "sandip1952" at gmail. Please help!

As you can guess, I am a newbie. so where do I go from here regarding the auto?

sr114

Hi mastermind and yusi

A lot of very useful posts here and I am the end-gainer. Sorry that I could not come to TJ these days due to my initial hiccups in day trading. After losing a few lakh I am on the threshold of some regular profit I believe, though today I lost heavily when I could have exited with a hefty profit-thanks to the communication gap between me and the broker's staff on what number of lots could be taken for delivery. That was a big lesson (no shoulders to cry on so I would use yours' :(

Well, this time I linked my data to xl and no response. no file was generated. Any clue? I am willing to accept that there will be streaming data, but I still think the same cell will be refreshed with new data and the old one will be lost on the screen. I may need to write something to capture each refresh of each symbol to a file.

And no, I was never a programmer and I don't wish to be. I am a civil engineer who was attracted to gwbasic etc. by the way and my bosses were none too happy that I was "playing around" with the computer. Incidentally, I wrote something which was the first of that kind written in India and they changed to being appreciative.

My id is "sandip1952" at gmail. Please help!

As you can guess, I am a newbie. so where do I go from here regarding the auto?
Sandip

if u really want streaming data into excel from ur trading platform then try to use Josh's util - it can capture data may be in 2-3 sec lag from ur terminal

and if u can write ur own macro or fml for the analysis then its a effective solution

another alternative - take the data from excel to ami for better analysis and charting

rgds
subroto

mastermind007

Yahoo !!!! (not search crawler but me very happy one .... )

I got the code completed to have live feeds streamed into Ami broker .... Thanks yusi for the tip ... although I kind of way a different route .... I am using COM (raw Interop) to push data into Ami and been able to get speeds of under 7 msecs (though I am yet to compute time from it hitting the port to getting into Ami).

mastermind007

Hi mastermind and yusi

A lot of very useful posts here and I am the end-gainer. Sorry that I could not come to TJ these days due to my initial hiccups in day trading. After losing a few lakh I am on the threshold of some regular profit I believe, though today I lost heavily when I could have exited with a hefty profit-thanks to the communication gap between me and the broker's staff on what number of lots could be taken for delivery.
Do you not trade from your own terminal? I mean, did you execute big trades relying on telephone? Was broker Master trust or some other?

mastermind007

So you were the reason why NSE servers were slow for the rest of us :cool:
Naah Not me !!! ... But would it not be blessing if quotes came slowly? You'd have more time to react?

mm, If you have a precedure to get live data directly from NesT/OdiN to AMI live charts,
please give it here so that other trader's too get benefit.

Yahoo !!!! (not search crawler but me very happy one .... )

I got the code completed to have live feeds streamed into Ami broker .... Thanks yusi for the tip ... although I kind of way a different route .... I am using COM (raw Interop) to push data into Ami and been able to get speeds of under 7 msecs (though I am yet to compute time from it hitting the port to getting into Ami).
Hi Mastermind,
Can you please share some more details about your approach and possibly the code to fetch data from NEST Trader. I've been searching for this and could not get much details apart from your's and Yusi's thoughts on "Dissecting Nest Plus Trading API" thread.

Also, is it possible to fetch real time level-2 data (best 5 bid/asks etc.) from NEST without using NestPlus? Your code seemingly does that. Can you please confirm?

I can share my contact details if required. Please let me know. Thanks in advance. :)