trading data to excel worksheet software

Hi Mastermind..

My ultimate objective is to write an auto program. Because you have already done something, may I ask if you got streaming data for 1 symbol then why not for all symbols?

But if it is not permissible by law, then how can people write their own customised scanners? Do we have to fall into the clutches of the charting software?

I am new to stock market (so I don't know the jargon) but my first program was written in 1990 (engineering) and I don't mind brushing up my unenviable skills in order to write an auto at 60+. I am eager to know your (and others') suggestions.

Many thanks for the help!

mastermind007

Hi Mastermind..

My ultimate objective is to write an auto program. Because you have already done something, may I ask if you got streaming data for 1 symbol then why not for all symbols?

But if it is not permissible by law, then how can people write their own customised scanners? Do we have to fall into the clutches of the charting software?

I am new to stock market (so I don't know the jargon) but my first program was written in 1990 (engineering) and I don't mind brushing up my unenviable skills in order to write an auto at 60+. I am eager to know your (and others') suggestions.

Sandip1952

Glad to know you know programming. My first program was written in 1984 (was a school kid then) and last one was written yesterday :). Never done anything else in my life to earn substantial money (except trading since last 3 years)

You misunderstood me. I never said that my excel scanner was working for one scrip only. I said it took approx 1 sec for 1 scrip. Its fast from human perspective but horribly slow from a computer's potential.

Nevertheless, I got it fully working and it was pulling entire option chains for for 125+ scrips and Indices until NSE policy blocked my access. Apparently NSE does not mind small volume, but my excel app crossed the threshold and got blocked.

Casual use is not stopped but if you attempt to get lots of data thru that route, NSE blocks you.

Fortunately for me, the NSE staff who I spoke to guided me to a better data feed.

I ended up writing another app which is 100% legit and it gets approx 4 ticks per scrip per second using which I've handled 150+ scrips in that and average processing time now is in 60 microseconds.

I did attempt to PM you details but your account is blocked. Kindly PM me your email so I can explain. Our ultimate objective is common ....

mastermind007

Hi Yusi

I think (I may be wrong because you are an expert) "link" will not stream data into XL. Will try tomorrow to prove you right.:thumb:
sandip1952

This idea is being voiced by many here on this forum and I believe that it would work.

mastermind007

Hi Mastermind..

Sandip1952

Glad to know you know programming. My first program was written in 1984 (was a school kid then) and last one was written yesterday :). Never done anything else in my life to earn substantial money (except trading since last
3 years)

You misunderstood me. I never said that my excel scanner was working for one scrip only. I said it took approx 1 sec for 1 scrip. Its fast from human
perspective but horribly slow from a computer's potential.

Nevertheless, I got it fully working and it was pulling entire option chains for for 125+ scrips and Indices until NSE policy blocked my access. Apparently NSE does not mind small volume, but my excel app crossed the threshold
and got blocked.

Casual use is not stopped but if you attempt to get lots of data thru
that route, NSE blocks you.

Fortunately for me, the NSE staff who I spoke to guided me to a
better data feed.

I ended up writing another app which is 100% legit and it gets approx
4 ticks per scrip per second using which I've handled 150+ scrips in that
and average processing time now is in 60 microseconds.

I did attempt to PM you details but your account is blocked. Kindly
PM me your email so I can explain.

mastermind007

What could it be ? Let's see: Commodore 32/64, Sinclair Spectrum, Atari. Unlikely to be an Apple II. I'll bet on the second.
No, it was IBM PC with two 5.25 inch floppy drives. (no hard drives)

It was in Gujarat India and person who owned the computer had
imported it from USA. He had hired me as data entry operator and
after few days, he allowed me to experiment with programming.

Language was ROMBASIC (Basic language that required to reboot
computer and it would be activated from BIOS). All language manuals
that came with computer were still plastic-wrapped.

mastermind007

Sandip, am going to redirect you to the threads of Sudris and Josh1 that you will find in the Data Feeds section. They are the experts, and the threads will answer all your excel data questions (and more).
Yes!! those are ppl I've also read about. There is one more person "Ram das" who has got data feed going into MetaTrader4. I've downloaded parts of it but not gotten around to experimenting what he has done.