Trading Dairy - IF

Day 4 Summary

RCOM moved up by 2.7% today. Since yesterday i had excess delta i closed 2 long positions in Futures.

Open Positions:
Straddle Short @ 65 Strike at 7.6 (12000 Qty)
RCOM Futures Long @ 70.25 Avg. Price (8000 Qty)

Current Value of Straddle = 11.35 [-45000]
Total Profit in Futures thus far = 18.4 [+ 73600]

Present Delta of position = -2.1 (Straddle) + 2 (Futures) = -.1

Notes:

- The position is nicely set as far as Delta is concerned, additionally Gamma being very low drastic changes in Delta not expected. So lots of room for adjustment.

- Presently a total of ~ 4 points as Time Value is left in the position. If i get 2 points without any adjustment, i would want to quit the position.
Day 5 Summary

RCOM traded up most of the day. (Presently trading around 78, Up 3.7%) Took off all CE & Futures positions because i was not comfortable with low liquidity & the Bid-Ask Spread in 65 CE

Closed Positions:
Total Profit in Futures = 70200
Total Loss in Calls/Puts = -37200
Net P/L = 33000

8000 Qty 65 Strike PE remain open as some more premium can be extracted in these. Will look to book these next week.

Day 5 Summary

RCOM traded up most of the day. (Presently trading around 78, Up 3.7%) Took off all CE & Futures positions because i was not comfortable with low liquidity & the Bid-Ask Spread in 65 CE

Closed Positions:
Total Profit in Futures = 70200
Total Loss in Calls/Puts = -37200
Net P/L = 33000

8000 Qty 65 Strike PE remain open as some more premium can be extracted in these. Will look to book these next week.
Day 6 Summary

Closed the 2 PE's that were in balance. Hence the entire position is closed now.

The P/L Stands at +35400 [Profit in Futures = 70200 & Loss in Options = 34800]

Since the straddle did not go as planned, money was made in the futures. Will continue to try shorting straddles for more exposure to different scenarios. (Infact i again took a short straddle position in RCOM in current series @ 77.5 strike) Will post if there is something interesting comes up.

Cheers !!!
IF

Logged in after a while.

Happy to share that i have turned profitable, finally. Made 29L+ with a capital of 10L in FY 2017-18.

Would love to share some of the techniques with friends here so that others can benefit as well

But first, PFA PnL statements, A proof that money can be made from trading Intraday

Attachments