TrADing dAIry / Funded acC / cOMbINE hELP

Blackhole

hI!

this thread will be used to document my trading performance(combine) and general help - chit chat related to the same.

Platform Ninja trader or Esignal.

This is open thread anybody can post his /her views/trades or experience on the same. Thanks

Last edited:

Blackhole

yesterdays trade

Nifty loss -19 (daytrade)

bnf bull call spread : 133 + (status closed yesterday)....bad move

--------------------------------------

International...dummy

platform : Ninja trader

NS 7 short daytrades(loss -1467).......slept while trader and could not put other trades.

Good / pros

Ninja trader is awesome, Did Chart trading (dom is good )
journal writing
Discipline trading cause of rules from company

bads / cons

We have to follow rules
overtrading : Temptation to take more trades(coz of simplicity and liquidity /less slippage)

------------- all the markets zoomed (after i slept) courtesy fed ---------------

Last edited:

Blackhole

This is post from external site of one of the traderji member and our kid bro Jagadeesh(KJC) and his experience on external portal(trading and funding account)

* KJC Program - prep for funding ** ::: is used as a substitute is external company's name for entrance preparatory for funding prep.

* JaGDeesh * :::
is used as a substitute for the name of the company.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks for being a part of my little professional life, on this day of thanksgiving. Honestly, I admit that I got a lot in return from this blog by expressing my thoughts regarding trading and trading psychology than you got by reading my articles. I hope you are enjoying this long break away from trading. :)

As you already know that I have been trading the * KJC Program - prep for funding ** from * JaGDeesh *for the past 45 days and successfully completed that recently, I want to talk about my experiences in this 45 days journey. It has taken 3 * KJC Program - prep for funding **s for me to successfully complete that and I guess it deserves it. I have turned into a better trader with every * KJC Program - prep for funding ** failure..

First * KJC Program - prep for funding **:-

I have subscribed to 50K continues * KJC Program - prep for funding ** which cost me $165. I needed to make a profit of $3k without hitting the daily loss limit of $1000 and a max draw-down of $2000 by trading a minimum of 10days and by maintaining 45% profitable days at the time of review. I was confident that I gonna complete that in time as I already got a good technical edge in trading.Before trading this * KJC Program - prep for funding **, I never used Ninjatrader and the chart trader option in it, and never traded the foreign markets either. I blew up this * KJC Program - prep for funding ** by hitting the daily loss limit in the process of getting a hands on experience with the Ninjatrader platform. I struggled with placing the stop orders in time and trading directly from the chart was totally a new experience for me at that time. I didn’t know that there is an option to place a stop order automatically when the entry gets a fill and to connect the stop and target orders with one cancel the other option and all. Even the scrip that I am trading, CL from NYMEX, took some time for me to get a feel into the price action. Overall, it was a nice experience for me. I now realized that the struggles that I have faced with the platform during this * KJC Program - prep for funding ** are now making my life easy with a peaceful trade execution. I fell in love with chart trader and the autonomy that Ninjatrader provides as a charting and trading platform.

Second * KJC Program - prep for funding **:-

I reset the * KJC Program - prep for funding ** for $100 and hence got the same parameters as that of the previous one to fulfill. This time, I got enough hands on experience with the platform and the CL PA. As expected, I reached the target in the first three days and thought that it’s gonna be a cake walk for the remaining 7 days. But that’s not what happened exactly after that. Like they say, you need to deal with new consequences due to the new habits you’ve acquired because of the newly got freedom, few other bad trading habits got installed in me due to the freedom provided by the chart trader option. When I was trading the Indian markets, I was supposed to move to another terminal to fire the orders as we don’t have a chart trader option for Indian brokers. But in this * KJC Program - prep for funding ** trading, with the availability of the chart trader, I can fire the orders from the charts itself. With that, I got a habit of giving early entries and exits to take chances even when the PA is shouting not to do anything, taking some revenge trades to cover the losses I got from the early entries and eventually it turned into over trading. For a trader who follow active trade management, over-trading is a curse. Initially, over-trading takes us into the break even position from a negative session and that instantly installs a habit that you can do that every time when you are in a negative balance. That’s exactly what happened with me and I screwed up this * KJC Program - prep for funding ** again because of that, by hitting daily loss limit again. But rest of the things were satisfied. I got the required profit with more than 60% profitable days in the 6 days I traded in this * KJC Program - prep for funding **. But violated the rule “Should not hit the daily draw-down limit”.

This is when I decided to take a break from the trading completely for a couple of weeks.After that break, I hit my trading journal to understand what exactly went wrong with my * KJC Program - prep for funding ** trading. I decided not to subscribe to a new * KJC Program - prep for funding ** until I get things into control regarding my trading performance. Traded for few days in the demo account. It took me almost two good weeks to find the problems I was facing with the pressure added by the * KJC Program - prep for funding ** targets and to install necessary mechanisms into my trading to get over them, which I am going to explain in the next paragraph.

Third * KJC Program - prep for funding **:-

This time, I bought a 10-day 50k * KJC Program - prep for funding ** that cost me around $195 (not available right now). The * KJC Program - prep for funding ** targets are still the same as that of the previous one, but this time I have a time limit of 10 days to complete the * KJC Program - prep for funding ** and if I complete it , I will get my money back. With everything in place, I nailed this * KJC Program - prep for funding **. Profits were steady and consistent, no emotional trading, no over trading and the entries were improved (You might have noticed that from the charts I am shared in my FB page). I don’t much believe in luck, but when I was trading this * KJC Program - prep for funding **, * JaGDeesh *announced a discount on all the * KJC Program - prep for funding **s. The offer was appealing to me and I bought a $150k * KJC Program - prep for funding ** and confidently restarted from day one and completed successfully last week.

So what are the mechanisms that I have adapted to resolve the problems I faced?

The whole trade plan is pictorially represented on A4 sheets and they are pasted right in front of my trading computer so that I will have access to them during live at a glance. It has taken 6 sheets for the entry procedure and 2 sheets for the trade management.

Trend transitions are represented on the first sheet. how to form the bias in the second, types of price levels for entry in the priority order in the third, ideal price interactions for the TST and BOF in the fourth and fifth, targets and stop loss order in the sixth sheet. In the two sheets of trade management section, I represented the possible levels to scale out the existing position, generalized trailing stop ideal to all environments (flexible) and the questions to ask myself after the close of every candle or when price is interacting with the levels I considered to scale out at with a red marker.

Once all these are pasted in front of my computer, I literally shut down my brain to make opinions as opinions make us reactive which is a disaster in trading. We must anticipate according to our plan and then react when the market is behaving as per the anticipation.

I have changed these charts everytime I changed something in my plan ( concepts of virgin levels, adjusting the range boundaries, etc. which I have explained about in the recent articles). I actually lost count on how many times I have changed them.

Four sticky notes on my computer screen. Two on the left and two on the right of the screen and they stare right into my face everytime I try to place an entry order.

These sticky notes remind me what to do and what not to do when the pressure is on and that helps me to stay in the zone for a long span of time.

Along with these, my technical edge got sharpened as I committed a lot of mistakes with the pressure of the * KJC Program - prep for funding **. I added few concepts to my already existing plan like validating the levels, considering only the virgin levels, adjusting the range boundaries with every BOF etc. And yes, I am technically a bit stronger than me before starting the * KJC Program - prep for funding **. Because I have made a hell lot of mistakes after starting the * KJC Program - prep for funding **, I have changed a lot of bad trading habits that I got from the freedom of trade execution and stuff. I am happy that I have faced enough struggles.

My final note on this * KJC Program - prep for funding ** trading:-

Completing the * KJC Program - prep for funding ** is not as easy as it appears.You must have a good technical and psychological edge to complete it. And yes, it makes you a better trader if you come with an intention of learning with a decent technical edge. If your technical edge is not the one with a positive expectancy, and you focus on completing the * KJC Program - prep for funding ** rather than improving yourself everyday, you will never gonna make it. With the added new rules in * JaGDeesh *, getting funded became much more tough. My suggestion is build a good strategy that has positive expectancy, subscribe to a small * KJC Program - prep for funding ** to build your psychological edge and make that as a learning experience rather than a procedure to follow to get funded. You will definitely get the funding once you transform into a good trader as the targets are easily achievable by a seasoned trader. But as you already know, transforming into a good trader is as tough as becoming an athlete. It demands sweat and perseverance. But it can be done. * KJC Program - prep for funding ** is a risk free environment to help you with that transformation and I am lucky that I came to know about it from my friends.

Happy trading. :)

-Jagadeesh Chandra Kolli.( KJC : traderji)

Thanks For sharing jagadeesh(kjc)

Last edited:

Blackhole

Mine was bad day on simulations account.

Ok with company account but failed to ride over profit. Had the rule set so did not took other trade on. Sometimes ruppee dollar conversion plays in mind and kills the trade. How silly that is?

Indian markets

got killed during opening multiple times somehow recovered during day session...OK

kjc

Mine was bad day on simulations account.

Ok with company account but failed to ride over profit. Had the rule set so did not took other trade on. Sometimes ruppee dollar conversion plays in mind and kills the trade. How silly that is?

Indian markets

got killed during opening multiple times somehow recovered during day session...OK
Ruppee dollar conversion?? If you are talking about the profits appearing on the chart when it is moving in favor, I know exactly what you mean. :D I changed that setting to ticks so that I don't know how much dollar amount I am making when the trade is live as I can only see the number of ticks.

hi kjc!

do copy/paste the BBcode forums link on post...it would directly paste the image on post!

hope this helps
Will do that. Thanks.. :)