Trading Challenge : My journey from 1.5Lakh to 6Lakh in 5months

VJAY

I would like to not agree with you.. Thats not inborn..That can be developed and acquired. "Everybody has their own sets of belief. And that belief becomes our limitation. The power always lies in US"

In my past I have traded 10/15 stocks, and managed all of them successfully and traded well. I have had good days with them. But then due to my lack of commitment and loose of focus my performance tend to fall. You see I get these boredom from 15 stocks too, So that's something in me and I have to deal with it..no matter If I am tracking 1 symbol or 15 symbols. I loose focus too early and I have to overcome this personal obstacle this time..

Then why I am testing now with 2 symbols, stopping multiple scripts ?? As you see yesterday I traded 1m chart on Nifty future. For last few days I have been trading TATASTEEL on 1m chart along with 10 others on 5m chart.. Coz as with time I am settling with a objective strategy to trade on I am realising as a trend followers my edge will work more during a trend. On 5m chart a trend development from rangebound market is quite slow. But in 1m chart I see a trend originating/sustaining/continuing/reversing to another trend/range in one day.. And not just for once for multiple times. So there are more trading opportunities for me.. But yes I have deal with the noise that 1m brings as compared to a higher timeframe.. But i am finding and this suits me personality better,, So I am testing for 1 week with NIFTY and BANKNIFTY future. Lets see how it goes.
I meant by inborn ....imo multi task capabilities not come by only skill...Thats why very rare people do that ...I not seen many in trading(intraday) too using these capabilities....yes if you are doing it you are one of that kind person I appreciate you for that....when ever trade in multi scrips you will see this out of focus thing ...you must overcome it if you sustain in multi scrips ..yes if you increase time frame then it can ...One thing you first do that first fix what you want to trade?these switching never hekps in your challenge....Best of luck

SwagatN

I meant by inborn ....imo multi task capabilities not come by only skill...Thats why very rare people do that ...I not seen many in trading(intraday) too using these capabilities....yes if you are doing it you are one of that kind person I appreciate you for that....when ever trade in multi scrips you will see this out of focus thing ...you must overcome it if you sustain in multi scrips ..yes if you increase time frame then it can ...One thing you first do that first fix what you want to trade?these switching never hekps in your challenge....Best of luck
Thats true, when trading with 10/15 symbols, I can not track and trade them all manually with 1m timeframe, I have to go on higher timeframe.. Right now my abilities allow me to trade 2 scrips max on 1m timeframe.

And off course first need to select what I want to trade. Just like strategy, timeframe, instrument also need to be decided. As i have said earlier, making 300% is just one part of the challenge.. The real challenge is to be that person who can make it.. And there are many personal demons to conquer in order to become that.. "... MORE ON THIS PART after the challenge ends..."

Satya.

In my past I have traded 10/15 stocks, and managed all of them successfully and traded well.
hw u used 2 successfully manage all of dem in past?pls tell

But then due to my lack of commitment and loose of focus my performance tend to fall. You see I get these boredom from 15 stocks too, So that's something in me and I have to deal with it..no matter If I am tracking 1 symbol or 15 symbols. I loose focus too early and I have to overcome this personal obstacle this time..
loose focus means wht?
do u hv othr work 2 do? lyk takin care of a baby?u r doing sm business side by it?(internet cafe,stationary shoppe,garment shoppe like dat)

SwagatN

hw u used 2 successfully manage all of dem in past?pls tell

loose focus means wht?
do u hv othr work 2 do? lyk takin care of a baby?u r doing sm business side by it?(internet cafe,stationary shoppe,garment shoppe like dat)
There were few days when I stay in flow, and I do everything perfectly.. And other days no matter how hard I try i cant focus on trading.. Not necessarily I get other things to do. The days when other things come up, I stop trading and mind them.. But its the mysterious mind which wanders through different things sometimes and I miss that zone where I need to work with a single pointed concentration.. Need to practice better control over my thought and mind..

Last edited:

SwagatN

Date : 24 July 2018

It was a good day for NFITY traders. As per my system I got 2 trading opportunity, But I missed both the trades

BANKNIFTY also had a very good high probable trade. BANKNFITY appeared little too wild on 1m chart. I have not traded BANKNIFTY today, but will try to trade it together along with NIFTY from tomorrow..

VJAY

Dear swagat,
You missed trades when looking only 2 scrips?its not good ..it means you still not confident with your method/rules :(
If missing trades due to your rules then it okey otherwise you need to look your rules again ...may be prepare checklist for entry will help you....my views

SwagatN

Dear swagat,
You missed trades when looking only 2 scrips?its not good ..it means you still not confident with your method/rules :(
If missing trades due to your rules then it okey otherwise you need to look your rules again ...may be prepare checklist for entry will help you....my views
I think I have mentioned the reason for my missing in the charts..

Trade I = NIFTY missed Long - It was a mistake, I doubted and wanted more confirmation..
Trade II = NIFTYT missed SHORT, - I missed as per a rule to avoid aggressive entry to not to catch tops and bottoms. No fault or no regret here..

BANKNIFTY was not tracking actively, But will track it along with NIFTY from tomorrow.

Preparing checklist for entry was a good suggestion, Will try to incorporate it..

Last edited:

Satya.

Dear swagat,
@VJAY ji,
he's(Swagat Ji) a nice guy n a detailed trader
imo,he's facin smthng on his personal life,so may b he has diverted attention i.e,may b his personal life disturbing his professional life

VJAY

@VJAY ji,
he's(Swagat Ji) a nice guy n a detailed trader
imo,he's facin smthng on his personal life,so may b he has diverted attention i.e,may b his personal life disturbing his professional life
But he clarified its not like that anything...If its the same then need to take break from trading which I done last year...otherwise its spoil money ...