Trading Challenge : My journey from 1.5Lakh to 6Lakh in 5months

SwagatN

Date : 16 may 2018

first trade was on VEDL. This is a classic mistake that I do very often i.e. not waiting for the candle close, and joining in a trade assuming that eventually candle close will be in my favour. I had to wait for the first 30m candle close here and then evaluate the setup, But I entered long on 1st 5m candle itself. After 9:30, I realized there was no setup at all.. A wrong trade here..

Trade 2 was on CIPLA, after a very sharp fall in morning, price failed to continue. Price was making higher low. (i have wrongly marked them as higher high in chart).. Wen long above the higher high above EMA, but price failed to trend and hit the SL.

Trade 3 was on SUNPHARMA, Price broke out above morning range. Attempted LONG after a pullback. But price failed to resume and went for the SL instead.

I had not kept a screenshot of my order window yesterday and now today its not accessible. So giving screenshot of only contract note.

Net Equity is down more than 3% in 3 session. Need to be very very careful from here on...

SwagatN

Date 17 may 2018

First trade was on HDFC. Opening candle was strongly bearish. SHORT was taken below 1st 5m low. I was thinking of adding on 1st pullback which was weak. But could not do that fearing loss on scaled in position. Trade worked out good. Trade risk was reduced to 0.5% after past 3 sessions of consecutive loss.

2nd trade was on TATASTEEL. This trade was taken by mistake, though my original bias was SHORT o TATASTEEL, I forgot to confirm the same which picking the trade around 10:30 from HTF chart. By 10:30 this stock has gone in to avoid from a short bias. So scratched it for minor loss.

There was two more trade opportunity which I missed. They were on AXISBANK (Short) and HINDPETRO (long).
A much needed profit day to stay in the game.

========================

We dont grow in life when everything goes fine. We grow when there is hardship in our path and we give our all to overcome that. We grow when something tries to stop us from growing. Accept the challenge and keep moving forward.

NEVER GIVE UP

@SwagatN

Even in 15 minute Chart I am not able to win in stock futures.
You are trying in 5 minute. Mostly stoploss will hit.
Now I switched to hourly timeframe and scrips are nifty and banknifty only.
I recommend the same to you.
He is trading in EQ segment only.

Subhadip

@SwagatN

No, he is doing good...Need some more concentration and some luck....

Keep it up...Best of luck

rjshem

@SwagatN

think someone here(varun,pratap) already have shown profits can be made even trading 1 minute chartsand currently also doing (nitingosavi etc) .each individual is different one needs to find what time frame suits ones personality and stick with it. tick chart, 1 min ,5 min daily the tf doesnt make a difference to profits having a proper trade plan and following it does.

SwagatN

Date : 18 may 2018

Trade 1 was on TATASTEEL. SHROT on the hammer candle above previous day's range. This trade worked out good but I again failed to go for add. Exit near prev day low. After that there was another re-entry opportunity, which I missed due to lunch.

2nd trade was a counter trade LONG on LT, which failed. May be I need to be more careful of such candles preceding the pullback. Here there were many upper tails on the candle. Here too missed a SHORT opportunity during lunch hour.

3rd trade was another wrong trade on SUNPHARMA. A repetition of yesterday's fault. Did not check on the HTF before taking the trade, and entered early on SHORT. AFter that missed the real SHORT.

Net Position

Today also I traded on reduced risk. Though caught good profit on TATASTEEL, but profit margin got minimized on other wrong trades.
From next week I will be back to full risk trades again.

pannet1

Date : 18 may 2018

Trade 1 was on TATASTEEL. SHROT on the hammer candle above previous day's range. This trade worked out good but I again failed to go for add. Exit near prev day low. After that there was another re-entry opportunity, which I missed due to lunch.

2nd trade was a counter trade LONG on LT, which failed. May be I need to be more careful of such candles preceding the pullback. Here there were many upper tails on the candle. Here too missed a SHORT opportunity during lunch hour.

3rd trade was another wrong trade on SUNPHARMA. A repetition of yesterday's fault. Did not check on the HTF before taking the trade, and entered early on SHORT. AFter that missed the real SHORT.

Net Position

Today also I traded on reduced risk. Though caught good profit on TATASTEEL, but profit margin got minimized on other wrong trades.
From next week I will be back to full risk trades again.

the loss of opportunity of the missed trades seems to be very high today. if you cannot watch many charts, try concentrating on lesser scripts.
i am perplexed by the exit of TATASTEEL near the previous day low. I thought that was so bearish atleast for the existing trade. The markets have trained us to become super sceptic. I would atleast wait with my trailing SL little higher on the previos Higher pivot (minor major or whatever)

with so much going against you, still you ended up the day green. thats very relieving to see. thanks to the smaller SL. way to go.