Trading Challenge III : 300% in 5months. Attempt III.

SwagatN

Last year I attempted to take on a challenge of making 300% in 5months. No wonder, I lost. But those times surely did teach me a lot about trading and more importantly about myself. Over last 1 year, even though I was absent from TraderJi, I kept moving forward from where I had left in terms of my learning and applying that knowledge in trading. I did mistakes, reviewed, traded again, did mistakes again, and so the cycle continued. Now again here I am to take on that path which I failed to conquer last time, but no I have not given up... Can't quit, Not dead yet..

Objective : Earn 300% in 5 months.
Starting Capital : 30K
Traget : 1.2L
Start Date : Sep 2019
End Date : Jan 2020

Trading Strategy : Intraday Trading on equity. HTF trend following and price volume action.

>>> NEVER GIVE UP <<<

Last edited:

gautam7821

Good luck to your new challenge , Hope you will do better and flawless performance to achieve your goal.
Don't forget the mistakes you did before . Keep learning , keep trading.:):)

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Last year I attempted to take on a challenge of making 300% in 5months. No wonder, I lost. But those times surely did teach me a lot about trading and more importantly about myself. Over last 1 year, even though I was absent from TraderJi, I kept moving forward from where I had left in terms of my learning and applying that knowledge in trading. I did mistakes, reviewed, traded again, did mistakes again, and so the cycle continued. Now again here I am to take on that path which I failed to conquer last time, but no I have not given up... Can't quit, Not dead yet..

Objective : Earn 300% in 5 months.
Starting Capital : 30K
Traget : 1.8L
Start Date : Sep 2019
End Date : Jan 2020

Trading Strategy : Intraday Trading on equity. HTF trend following and price volume action.

>>> NEVER GIVE UP <<<
Hi @SwagatN, That's an ambitious resolve in terms of the percentage return at 300%. I just have a couple of questions for you:
  1. Are you targeting 300% because it translates to 90,000 absolute profits? Are you motivated by the percentage of the absolute amount?

2. Why have you chosen intraday equity trading as opposed to F&O? I ask this because when you do make money in options, for instance, the percentage return can be significantly higher than intraday equities. Example - Bank Nifty options.

3. What is your strategy on withdrawing profits?

SwagatN

Hi @SwagatN, That's an ambitious resolve in terms of the percentage return at 300%. I just have a couple of questions for you:
  1. Are you targeting 300% because it translates to 90,000 absolute profits? Are you motivated by the percentage of the absolute amount?

2. Why have you chosen intraday equity trading as opposed to F&O? I ask this because when you do make money in options, for instance, the percentage return can be significantly higher than intraday equities. Example - Bank Nifty options.

3. What is your strategy on withdrawing profits?
1. Last year this started between me and one of my friend, and I took on this challenge because I believe its not impossible. I failed twice, and this is my 3rd attempt.
2. Trading future is out of question in this small capital. and I am not quite experienced in option trading,
3. No withdrawal. All the profit will be re-invested for 5 months.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
1. Last year this started between me and one of my friend, and I took on this challenge because I believe its not impossible. I failed twice, and this is my 3rd attempt.
2. Trading future is out of question in this small capital. and I am not quite experienced in option trading,
3. No withdrawal. All the profit will be re-invested for 5 months.
In that case, I strongly recommend you try the 30 Day Challenge. It can help strengthen your resolve as you will also get a 100% brokerage refund if you win the challenges along with your larger target of achieving 300% returns.

SwagatN

Date : 03 Sep 2019

Today my first trade was on HINDUSTANUNILVR, It has started a fresh upmove after a strong breakout from 2 days long trading range. Today's open was with a minor gap down and the pullback. Candle 1 shows indecision on very low volume, and candle 2 shows reversal after rjecting candle 1 low. That made me going long above candle 2 high with a target of previous day high. Candle 4 shows strong supply coming over. I tightened my SL to candle 3 low which was hit on next candle. A scratched trade it was.

JSWSTEEL reversed from previous downtrend. The support at 210 was tested for quite sometime. Today it opened with a slight gap down and formed a strong rejection of this support level. Candle 2 was a narrow bear candle showing lack of interest in downside. I went LONG above candle 2 high when candle 3 reversed from candle 2's low. Target was previous day high, But buying force appeared to decrease and price reversed from candle 6. This trade got scratched too.

SUNPHARMA was moving in an uptrend. The support at AB got tested at C. Candle 1 showed price was unwilling to go below the support. Candle 2 to 6 shows inside price action . I went long in candle 7 when it went above candle 3 high. The entry bar reversed and I exited below candle 7 low. This long trade was not very convincing. I entered anyway. Eventually buyers appeared to give up as price fell strongly below the marked support.

overall, not a good start. 3 trades, all resulting in minor loss.

>>> NEVER GIVE UP <<<