Trading Challenge III : 300% in 5months. Attempt III.

Due to some personal work keeping me busy for last 2 days could not kept maintaining the journal here. just posting the snapshots of net intraday positions. \I will be back to posting normal charts n trades today..

17 sep 2019

4 trades, but 3 of them was picked wrongly. 1 good trade managed to recover the loss but still day ended in red.

18 Sep 2019

3 trades, 1 in minor loss, and rest 2 hit target
Very Good. I want to know that at any given point of time, how many position do you keep open? Or you take one trade at a time?

Do you shortlist your stocks before market opens? or random picks?

SwagatN

Very Good. I want to know that at any given point of time, how many position do you keep open? Or you take one trade at a time?

Do you shortlist your stocks before market opens? or random picks?
I am keeping max 2 positions open at any time. IN the beginning I was deciding on which stock to trade at EOD, Now I am having a fixed list of 20 stocks, every 1 hour intervaL I track them for trade opportunity and trade those 4/5 for next 1 hour. At the end of that hour, the cycle repeats.

SwagatN

Date 19 Sep 2019

Just 2 trades today, few mistakes happened on management front.

REC was in a downtrend, and I entered on its pullback to EMA. I read the chart wrongly when it breaks the day low, and so I tightened the SL unnecessarily. Price eventually went down and hit my target. I just managed to get aprox 1R here.

MARUTI had given a breakout failure from previius day's sideways range top. I entered SHORT and the trade soon hit the target. Here I did some calculation mistake on position sizing, and entered with 0.5% trade risk instead of my usual 1% trade risk. So even when the profit was 2R, I ended up catching only 1R on half qty.. lol.

I did not feel like trading after this, so i stopped after 11am, took a early day off.

I am keeping max 2 positions open at any time. IN the beginning I was deciding on which stock to trade at EOD, Now I am having a fixed list of 20 stocks, every 1 hour intervaL I track them for trade opportunity and trade those 4/5 for next 1 hour. At the end of that hour, the cycle repeats.
Point noted. would like to learn this from you.

primitivetrader

Weekly Report after 3rd week

Wonderful! Continuous higher bottoms in your equity curve and after good consolidation up side breakout happened. Great going. Keep it up! Your win rate has improved remarkably inching towards 50. If you Focus on 1:3 r:r , you are on top of your game.

SwagatN

Wonderful! Continuous higher bottoms in your equity curve and after good consolidation up side breakout happened. Great going. Keep it up! Your win rate has improved remarkably inching towards 50. If you Focus on 1:3 r:r , you are on top of your game.
Hi Primitive brother,

This week I traded with a fixed target of 2R, where hit rate was more than 90% from the zone from where I traded. The 4 loosing trades are coming from my mistakes from picking trade setup selection, I guess I will be prone to those mistakes here and there since I trade discretionary, but I will try my best to overcome them. I fear if I want to hit 3R, I might risk of loosing more. I need to test my setups for the same.

On a side note last year our interaction on volume analysis and your posts in this fourm has helped me a lot in understanding market. I am just getting started and I try to learn from your observation through all your posts even from your diary section. So thanks for your help in all form which you even might not aware of how, lol.. But keep sharing..

Hi Primitive brother,

This week I traded with a fixed target of 2R, where hit rate was more than 90% from the zone from where I traded. The 4 loosing trades are coming from my mistakes from picking trade setup selection, I guess I will be prone to those mistakes here and there since I trade discretionary, but I will try my best to overcome them. I fear if I want to hit 3R, I might risk of loosing more. I need to test my setups for the same.

On a side note last year our interaction on volume analysis and your posts in this fourm has helped me a lot in understanding market. I am just getting started and I try to learn from your observation through all your posts even from your diary section. So thanks for your help in all form which you even might not aware of how, lol.. But keep sharing..
2R/3R means Rupees? or ratios?