Trading Challenge - 1 (Crude oil - 1.75 L to 1 Cr in 300 trading days)

and the renko on 1 min which we discussed on positional.. also repaints :(
i am trying out heiken ashi candles and 1 min / 3 min TF - scalping - for now i am trying to interpret heiken ashi candles on 3 min which seems good but i prefer the normal candles on 1 min. i have the 5 SMA as my only indicator.

this weekend i will try to dig deeper and study the renko problem you came across. problem is very few traders use renko and usable data is thereby very limited

are you on positional trading ?

today was tragically funny - lol. ( and not because i ended the day in red - i think some 300 rs net loss for the day after charity).

throw a ball up in the air and the puppy will jump instinctively. pretend to throw a ball and the puppy still does the same. i did something similar today - saw the spike and did not wait to confirm if it was a real move or fake and jumped in. luckily - later , i had a trade go my way which covered the losses of my 'jump' :rolleyes:

all in all - was a good day. red but luckily could control the bleeding. shutting shop - goodnight all

happy a great weekend

kingkrunal

i am trying out heiken ashi candles and 1 min / 3 min TF - scalping - for now i am trying to interpret heiken ashi candles on 3 min which seems good but i prefer the normal candles on 1 min. i have the 5 SMA as my only indicator.

this weekend i will try to dig deeper and study the renko problem you came across. problem is very few traders use renko and usable data is thereby very limited

are you on positional trading ?
the issue with renko comes up when live market.. yesterday i was monitoring 1m renko on zinc with 0.30 as value..
14.18 candle was present and next candle was forming at 14.25(price going down) .. now as price increased it removed the 14.25 candle and also removed the 14.18 candle...
i was completely surprised as the time when this happened was 15.53 :(

was checking out crude - seems like shorts for the week ahead will be the sensible approach - unless something drastic changes. today's deadline of sanctions turned out a blank - lol - good for us.

2018-11-04 (3).png

Gm all,

monday - day 3 - trade 1 - Short on zinc mini a while back for intraday - short @ 188.40 - square off will be close to end of day or a reversal.

edit - entry on chart - reason / logic for short - is in downtrend on larger time frames
could be wrong - let me see how it goes

edit - 1225 hrs - exit @ 187.9 - the scalper in me is too stubborn - anyways a good trade

trade summary - sell 188.42 X buy 187.9 X 8 mini lots = some 3800 net i think after charity. (charity approx 350)

taking a break for a while now.

2018-11-05.png

Last edited:
one reason was there were a lot of holidays in mcx and i did not trade almost for the entire week. However - the real reason is that a few relatives are over for vacations and so in a way i am just prodding along. i will keep posting as and when i am trade. may be busy this next week too and then free perhaps.

one reason was there were a lot of holidays in mcx and i did not trade almost for the entire week. However - the real reason is that a few relatives are over for vacations and so in a way i am just prodding along. i will keep posting as and when i am trade. may be busy this next week too and then free perhaps.
Looking forward to your posts.