Trading and Training

godfather

Hi Traders,

I was thinking about this while reading through Twitter recently... Why are people so attracted to training, workshops, etc. offered by another person and pay money without checking their history or background? People are getting blindsided by screenshots and reviews. I believe some kind of norm must be put in place to control these trainers. So many of those things are illegal. Put in the effort to read through books and forums instead of searching for someone else. Holygrail. Begin with the fundamentals at the bottom and work your way up.

Financial education should be mandatory for every person. We should practise at the grass-roots level to enlighten the upcoming generation about the importance of financial knowledge.

Difficult to be a do gooder in this sphere of work. One may do social service elsewhere, but stock trading is mostly psychology, IMO.

Financial knowledge, yes - money management. But there is not much one can do about the different "trainers" and "mentors".

godfather

151972"] It is difficult to be a do-gooder in this sphere of work. One may do social service elsewhere, but stock trading is mostly psychology, IMO.

Financial knowledge, yes; money management But there is not much one can do about the different "trainers" and "mentors." "mentors."

I agree with the point, but since we have regulative bodies present, they should come forward to control these. I saw a post on Twitter that said SEBI was doing a rural financial awareness program to educate more people; likewise, there should be a way to control the trainers, mentors, etc.

We need more people coming forward to invest, and that is for sure the way forward. In the current economic climate, people will not benefit much from keeping money in the bank. Yes, there will be trainers and mentors; our laws and regulations provide enough loopholes for them to cling to, but with proper control and laws, they can at least have some control.

I hope something will change, and the change will be good. :))

I think people get excited because they think they've found an answer - someone or something to trade for them effort free. People don't want to put in the time or they think it's too hard to learn, but then they see these too good to be true scams and want to believe in them so badly.

mohan.sic

I agree with the point, but since we have regulative bodies present, they should come forward to control these. I saw a post on Twitter that said SEBI was doing a rural financial awareness program to educate more people; likewise, there should be a way to control the trainers, mentors, etc.

We need more people coming forward to invest, and that is for sure the way forward. In the current economic climate, people will not benefit much from keeping money in the bank. Yes, there will be trainers and mentors; our laws and regulations provide enough loopholes for them to cling to, but with proper control and laws, they can at least have some control.

I hope something will change, and the change will be good. :))

Thats a very good point. SEBI should have come up with certified trainers by now. But I think now they have plans to do this and soon we may see certified trainers by SEBI.

SEBI came up with Certified Advisors only after traders were exploited left and right in the name of tips. Ofcourse even now it' is happening but still traders have the option to search SEBI website and choose certified advisors and certified research analysts.

Hopefully in near future people can look for trainers in SEBI website and choose right people.

mohan.sic

Hi Traders,

I was thinking about this while reading through Twitter recently... Why are people so attracted to training, workshops, etc. offered by another person and pay money without checking their history or background? People are getting blindsided by screenshots and reviews. I believe some kind of norm must be put in place to control these trainers. So many of those things are illegal. Put in the effort to read through books and forums instead of searching for someone else. Holygrail. Begin with the fundamentals at the bottom and work your way up.

Financial education should be mandatory for every person. We should practise at the grass-roots level to enlighten the upcoming generation about the importance of financial knowledge.

Why people are attracted because -.Where is a need and urge we don't see logic and times we act blindly.
Its not only in markets, it same everywhere.

godfather

Why people are attracted because -.Where is a need and urge we don't see logic and times we act blindly.
Its not only in markets, it same everywhere.
More people are coming to the market to make money, invest, etc., and more trainers are opening tapori stalls to sell snake oil courses. Let's wait and see what happens.

Yes, I agree financial knowledge is necessary if one wishes to avoid scammers of any kind. There are so many courses, workshops out there that could be done for free. Starting slow and small is the right way to attain success in this market.