Trading and job misfits

sh50

Alexander Elders Financial Trading-How to trade successfully for a living begins with

You can be free. You can live and work anywhere in the world. You can be independent from routine and not answer to anybody. This is the life of a successful trader.

I had written an article on job misfits that appeared in Life positive magazine in November1981 under the title Dont settle for less than a calling in which the plight of job-misfits is explained. That apart I have read books like What should I do with my life, Working identity, Achieving a dream career ,Karma, destiny and Career where again the plight of job misfits is highlighted by giving several real life illustrations. They clearly show how difficult it is to plan and execute a transition- sometimes it takes three years from the moment the idea is conceived.

Many of these cases are like former Lintas Chairman, Alyque Padamsee who in his autobiography A double life describes how throughout his like he had to dabble in advertisements to dabble in his real passion theatre which is also true for people like Girish Karnad, Naseerudin Shah etc to a lesser or greater degree. Make your passion your profession is easier said than done

In light of this what Alexander Elder has said is worth considering for anybody who is anywhere close to Thomas Carlyles immortal words, The person who has found his vocation in life is a blessed human being. Let him ask for no other blessedness

Four-five years ago, I had read an article on trading in which a trader says, Come to trading only if you love shares. So trading is also no cakewalk. Elder has himself elucidates Many aspire but few succeed. Amateurs try and try again. They lose because the game is hard, or out of ignorance or lack of discipline.

Perhaps traderji can comment- can it be a positive divergence for a job misfit and facilitate a crossover to a better career if not become the career itself.Needless to mention, this time this has a serious connotation.

Traderji

Super Moderator
One important reason 95 percent of traders eventually lose is that they are too lazy to do the work it takes to be successful. Another reason is that they have no plan or method. They are guessing, gambling and hoping.

Trading in the stock markets one of the most difficult endeavors there is. However, if you work hard and work smart, you can be part of the 5 percent who are wildly successful.

sh50

I thought 95% failed in intraday trading. If this represents a general failure rate, it is pretty high.

Last edited:
Lazy, guessing, gambling & too lazy to do the work to be succesful. 95% of traders are like that & you are right as far as I am concerned Traderji. You are right, right right.... Traderji. I am trying to mend my ways. So keep this forum going forever. I am gaining a lot from here & slowly improving on my trading performance. That speaks volumes for you & other pros contributing free advice & tips on this forum. Thanks all of you. :)