Trading 40 Lakhs for good profits.......Simple strategy!

Very interesting thread. Threads like these can lure a lot of people into the market looking for a quick killing - and result in them losing a lot of money.

Seems this guy has 50% chance of getting a call right. And when the market reverses will be back claiming huge profits - or claim to have hedged or reversed or taken new positions - or taken a small loss. Of course he is not alone - a lot of people do that - in all markets.

Newbies check the whole thread before deciding that using a simple strategy to buy/sell options and waiting - will make money roll to you.

With cash or futures market - you just need to get a right stock to not lose money,
with options market you need to get the right stock, right direction and correct timing to make any money. You may be very right about your stock, and your direction but for an August option to make money - target has to be reached before expiry on Aug 25 - which can be a huge gamble by itself.

When you buy options the advantage is - low risk - high returns - you only lose as much as you invest. But it is 100% of your investment - and in which business is a 100% loss considered acceptable - except when buying a a lottery or an insurance?

Just a friendly advise to ponder before deciding to jump into a similar strategy with options.

R

First thing is.... are we at any S or R levels....
and the definet sign of a Candle formation

and some instinct and hope :)

I watch for....

AT THE TOP
A maribozu can easily become a shooting star
A doji can give u a good profit on PUTs (or selling calls is less risky but limited profit)
If its a breakout - we lose (breakouts occur less often than reversals)
many other things

Note:
I have made losses last few yrs
only this year (after i learnt candles and SR i am seeing profits)
So I am not any expert... still I may file a profit ITR next fisccal :).... or go broke :(

Last edited:

SexyTrader

I continue holding the 500 lots Bought in 8300 PE August at averaged price 110.50/-
Well this 500 lots in 8300 PE trade went bad....lost some money against profits made in earlier trades :thumb:

Will recover that soon with new trade :) Anyway was away on holidays and didnt want to think of trades while on vacation :p

Well this 500 lots in 8300 PE trade went bad....lost some money against profits made in earlier trades :thumb:

Will recover that soon with new trade :) Anyway was away on holidays and didnt want to think of trades while on vacation :p
Money lost in 500 Lots of 8300 puts will be much more than the cost one would incurr on world tour with the family.

Smart_trade

SexyTrader

Money lost in 500 Lots of 8300 puts will be much more than the cost one would incurr on world tour with the family.

Smart_trade
What to do....sometimes trades do go wrong :eek: Nevertheless this loss offset against profits from trade during Brexit day...

Anyway will recover this loss soon from new trade(s) in the coming weeks :thumb: