trading 2-minute charts.

biyasc

i am very comfortable trading 5-minute charts. recently decided to start trading lower time frames, like 1 or 2 minute charts. but 1-minute charts looks very noisy to me. so decided to concentrate on 2-minute charts. but i am not sure that the 2-minute time frame is valid one or not. so looking for some guidance from experts/seniors.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Cactus

Chatarjee,

Did u checked his joing date or number of posts.? :confused:

new fellow..........,

why like that ( :mad:) ??

BTW ........much comfortable with 5 minutes......1 minute is also ok. not tried 2 minutes.

have u read, what i actually wrote ?:mad:

columbus

i am very comfortable trading 5-minute charts. recently decided to start trading lower time frames, like 1 or 2 minute charts. but 1-minute charts looks very noisy to me. so decided to concentrate on 2-minute charts. but i am not sure that the 2-minute time frame is valid one or not. so looking for some guidance from experts/seniors.

thanks in advance.
How about VARIABLE time frames?In initial stages ,have lower
sampling interval (basically meant to catch the trend) and in
later stages ,have a bigger time frames.

the tape

thanks in advance.
Hi Biyasc ! :)

Till now i have tried almost all time frames and i find 5 min charts as the most MEANING FULL ones for intraday trading. the probabilities of identical formations or patterns formed in 5 min ( the results ) are much more higher in 5 min.

For eg: if i see a strong formation such as bullish engulfing in 5 min and in 3 min. i would like to place my bet on 5 min for a very logical reason and that is that most of the traders use 5 min and not 2 and 3 min therefore it gives much more trade confidence when we know that a large number of traders are looking at the same.

Plus if you want to keep another eye on smaller time frame, which in my opinion is gr8;), then go for 1 min, used by scalpers.