Trades are never executed at specified limit prices using Karvy?

Hey guys, needed some insight on this situation

I have been trading for the past month using Karvy as my broker. I use their NEST trading platform

I use limit orders exclusively to reduce slippage. However most of my orders are never executed at the specified limit price, they are executed at a higher/lower price against me, how is this possible??

example -
one of my recent trades was I purchased

Axis bank at 778 and sold it at 806 using their platform,

however when I look at my profit and loss statement, it shows

Axis bank purchased at 781 and sold at 801

This is the same with ALL my trades! they are never executed at the limit price, I'm really confused.

Is this normal? or is this a problem with their trading platform and I should switch brokers?

thanks

soft_trader

Hey guys, needed some insight on this situation

I have been trading for the past month using Karvy as my broker. I use their NEST trading platform

I use limit orders exclusively to reduce slippage. However most of my orders are never executed at the specified limit price, they are executed at a higher/lower price against me, how is this possible??

example -
one of my recent trades was I purchased

Axis bank at 778 and sold it at 806 using their platform,

however when I look at my profit and loss statement, it shows

Axis bank purchased at 781 and sold at 801

This is the same with ALL my trades! they are never executed at the limit price, I'm really confused.

Is this normal? or is this a problem with their trading platform and I should switch brokers?

thanks
This shouldn't happen. Can you please post your contract note here (of course after hiding sensitive details).
Also check whether brokerage is included in the price or not. Some brokers include brokerage in the price.

mastermind007

------- DELETED -------

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tradingwithmike Forex 0
B Trading Diary 15
P Technical Analysis 7
T Software 0
X Trading Diary 56