Traderji.com Kolkata Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGM

Kolkata Meet

What Next? is what comes to my mind.

How can all of us drive maximum advantage, least it not end up being just a mutual admiration exercise.

How do we follow up on whatever we think we have learned / gained ?

To start with, it would be nice if all the participants make a detailed post on what did you learn (if anything) from the meet? Maybe a Plan to take it forward, and regular updates or Action Taken Report. Is it too demanding :)

Yes we did learn in the meet, Trading can be Simple, but no one said it is easy.

Regards
Sanjay

Re: Kolkata Meet

What Next? is what comes to my mind.

How can all of us drive maximum advantage, least it not end up being just a mutual admiration exercise.

How do we follow up on whatever we think we have learned / gained ?

To start with, it would be nice if all the participants make a detailed post on what did you learn (if anything) from the meet? Maybe a Plan to take it forward, and regular updates or Action Taken Report
. Is it too demanding :)

Yes we did learn in the meet, Trading can be Simple, but no one said it is easy.

Regards
Sanjay

Excellent Idea :)

jamit_05

What I learned

What I have learned:

1. A successful trader has a keen sense of risk. Ashishda has a dollar stop for each day! He said forget the profits, control your losses and profits will take of themselves.

2. He also said that, to start of as a trader think small. Think babysteps. Set small goals and strive to accomplish them. (Both the above methods are essential for rookies).

3. Sense of self worth must not be attached with each trade. Ego must not be involved in trading. Each time we say or think anything predictive about the market we have already involved our ego. Therefore, one must only listen to what the market is saying. For ex: if the higher pivot cracks then the market is up and vice versa. This is simply market communicating with us. By having a similar mind set Saint often feels his trading is like meditation.

4. Have faith in your trading method. First test it out thoroughly. But once you have, then trade those rules constantly with unwavering faith. SGM told me to consider this trip as a "Pilgrimage of Faith". (This I thought was the most important point... faith).

5. Joy_Mitali emphasized that I should strive to find my own way. No one elses method is going to work for me. I could start off using an approved method like Saint's, but eventually I will have to make it my own through diligence.

Besides other finer details, the above are the salient points that I thought would help most readers. Thank you Ashishda, Saint, SGM, Joy_Mitali and Biyasc for the conversations.

Amit. Jain.
Mumbai.

Re: What I learned

What I have learned:

1. A successful trader has a keen sense of risk. Ashishda has a dollar stop for each day! He said forget the profits, control your losses and profits will take of themselves.

2. He also said that, to start of as a trader think small. Think babysteps. Set small goals and strive to accomplish them. (Both the above methods are essential for rookies).

3. Sense of self worth must not be attached with each trade. Ego must not be involved in trading. Each time we say or think anything predictive about the market we have already involved our ego. Therefore, one must only listen to what the market is saying. For ex: if the higher pivot cracks then the market is up and vice versa. This is simply market communicating with us. By having a similar mind set Saint often feels his trading is like meditation.

4. Have faith in your trading method. First test it out thoroughly. But once you have, then trade those rules constantly with unwavering faith. SGM told me to consider this trip as a "Pilgrimage of Faith". (This I thought was the most important point... faith).

5. Joy_Mitali emphasized that I should strive to find my own way. No one elses method is going to work for me. I could start off using an approved method like Saint's, but eventually I will have to make it my own through diligence.

Besides other finer details, the above are the salient points that I thought would help most readers. Thank you Ashishda, Saint, SGM, Joy_Mitali and Biyasc for the conversations.

Amit. Jain.
Mumbai.
Thank you amit for starting and sharing your lessons.we are eager to hear from other participants also.others pl share what you have learned from the meet so that it will be useful to all of us.thank you.:)

I learnt a couple of things which i will enlist-
1)Saint's method- filtering the trades by comparing the trend in higher and lower tf's.
2) Asish da's - RSI 50 and 60 intraday funda.
3) Sanjay's logic- trading system ko thok baja ke lo fir use it dilligently.

these are all i can recollect for now.

mitasatyajit

I learnt a couple of things which i will enlist-
1)Saint's method- filtering the trades by comparing the trend in higher and lower tf's.
2) Asish da's - RSI 50 and 60 intraday funda.
3) Sanjay's logic- trading system ko thok baja ke lo fir use it dilligently.

these are all i can recollect for now.
Adding "like u do at the time of ur marriage, once choose cannot be returned" - Sanjay

Regards.

V

vvvv

EGO
wht is ego??? surely if one googles it he can find it out.so no need to explan it.we talk tht ego shud not be there in trading.the biggies write abt it in their books & sell it to the public. they write abt emotional trading , we talk abt it whole day long, we hold discussions ....but hey people , have we gone deep down into our own selves to analyse how big is our ego....never we do tht...
for ex: if a write sumthin bad abt XYZ in this very forum whom ive met in the meet, he wll immediately reply back & along with him sum other forum members may.the point is not why i shud write bad abt him.the pt is why has XYZ retaliated back...the simple reason is tht his ego got hurt..so wht shud XYZ do .take the insult lying down..well wht shud XYZ ideally do is very well written in the bhagwad gita or the ramayana where the lord has himself shown wht to do.for ex if the same thing wud have been old to krishna insted of XYZ, he wud have laughed at me & ignored me & he wud continously do so upto a point tolerable by him...after tht he shud have shown me in his own way why he is right & im wrong.no doubt his tolerance level wud be extremely high.
the reason he can do so is bcos he has got full control of his senses & his ego.
but for mortals like us ,we cant do so bcos we are born with an ego . sum has a bigger ego , & sum smaller.& depends on evey person.
so the thing which evry1 says " take out the ego out of your trading" is actually a fallacy , myth & is not reality & can never be bcos we are born with this thng.. it is deep rooted in us.
ask any big time trader " reveal ur entire system to me so tht i can make sum money"..u know wht answer to expect..so wht is tht thing called...tht is called ego..why..??? he will say" its my lifetim work & u want it just lke tht???". he will not part with it even if u offer him money.
the point here is the "ego part" & not asking sum1 to reveal his trading systems...we all fall in tht category.we all have a big ego ...yes the magnitude differs from person to person...how can we get rid of it...never..thts a diff topic involving spiritualism which is not the point of discussion here.
so the thing called " take out the ego out of your trading" doesnt exist
& will never exist...we can think of how to reduce our ego...gentlemen until & unless we follow it in our own lives we can never reduce the "ego in our trading"..we first have to learn to be gud people first , lessen our ego as much as possible & then only apply it practically in our trading.bcos when we sit to trade its us against the market.so wht we are from inside all cumes out (our emotions,ego,everything) during trading.remember this thing is an imp part of every trading system.this thing may sound very rubbish to sum people but then again reality remains a reality & will never change.u have to fine tune your inner system so wake up to reality & ego is reality..the sooner we wake up to it & the better it will be for us...

rkkarnani

Friends, Sorry for this late post and now it seems all has been said that needed to be told about the Great Kolkata Meet. Anything left shall be told by the recording of the meet to be put up.

I find we have failed to acknowledge the valuable inputs by rhimadri on his trading system. (Or maybe I missed to read the same).

So here I go giving the details as I have understood about the Trading System RHIMADRI had so kindly shared with us all :

He uses FChart Pro and says its a very good software.
He says : Time is MOST IMPORTANT factor in deciding a system set up. Fine tuning Time periods is VERY VERY IMPORTANT.
He uses MACD and CCI.

His set up has
MACD EMA (9,12,26)
1. CCI 14 with 9 days smoothing
2. CCI 20 with 9 days smoothing.

Whenever MACD goes above Signal line, a small quantity is taken.
When CCI 1 is greater than CCI 2 more quantity is taken
When CCI 1 > 100 double quantity is taken.
When CCI 1 goes below 100 exit fully.

Other exit scenario : CCI 2 is less than CCI 1

Imp. comment by RHIMADRI : CCI overbought is a misconception.

I would request RHIMADRI to correct mt post of any errors that might have cropped in.

I however could not configure the system in Metastock. Reason being myself a novice in handling Metastock and also MACD EMA I could not adjust to the specification given by RHIMADRI.
Need help to set up the SET UP in metastock.

So friends here we have selfless people like Saint, Rhimadri, Uashish, Saumya, swagat, Sanjay, Biyasc who all SHARED their trading sytems strategies and Ashish Da went a step further he gave a ready madew EXPERT/INDICATOR for Metastock. All these people have overcome the EGO as said by VVVV in his post about traders not SHARING due to ego problems. They are bound to be ever successful in their trades.
All the best to all of them. They have certainly enriched the trading perspective of many of us and hopefully very soon the Bank Accounts too !!!!
:):D:):D

Status
Not open for further replies.