Traderji 2.0 Feedback & Suggestions

Traderji

Super Moderator
Is it possible to increase default setting of "No. of posts visible on a single page" from 10 to 40. Missing it.
Hi Candle,
Good Morning. Thx for your request.
Actually we had multiple discussions around this topic in last few months but didn't conclude it.

Technically this can be done but:

1. The page size will increase 4 times and thus the page load time will increase to 4 times. This means overall website will be slower. Note that most of our posts are long.

2. Search engine doesn't like large pages. The SEO ratings comes down as the page size increases.

3. If a new message is posted, the member is directly taken to new post when they open the thread. The member comes to the page to read mainly the new messages. Loading 39 old messages, which they may not be interested, is an unnecessary data loading operation.

We have done study of 20 top forums and found that almost all of them kept the number to 10 by default.

Please let us know what do you think of these points. We also request other members to share your views on this topic.

Thank you,
TJ

john302928

Hi Could you please let me know where can i see my previous posts, I want to see my previous posts

Traderji

Super Moderator
He is trying to get the posts in reverse datewise order. Delete the older posts to make room so that the older posts float to the top.
Hi Timepass,

Thank you for the clarification. Here is my response:

1. Allowing certain threads to show messages in reverse order would confuse general audience. Also this is the fundamental difference between a discussion forum and a message board. In message boards, the latest messages comes on top.

2. Deleting the post is not a good idea. Generally we don't do that on this forum.

As you understand the problem and this platform, could you please suggest what else can be done to help him?

Thank you,
TJ

Traderji

Super Moderator
Hi Could you please let me know where can i see my previous posts, I want to see my previous posts
Hi John,

It seems few old links are not working. We are working on this to fix this asap.

Meanwhile, you could get the new link and replace them in your signature. Please let us know if you need any help with this.

Thank you for your kind feedback.

TJ

john302928

Hi John,

It seems few old links are not working. We are working on this to fix this asap.

Meanwhile, you could get the new link and replace them in your signature. Please let us know if you need any help with this.

Thank you for your kind feedback.

TJ
yes please help me. thanks in advance

candle

Hi Candle,
Good Morning. Thx for your request.
Actually we had multiple discussions around this topic in last few months but didn't conclude it.

Technically this can be done but:

1. The page size will increase 4 times and thus the page load time will increase to 4 times. This means overall website will be slower. Note that most of our posts are long.

2. Search engine doesn't like large pages. The SEO ratings comes down as the page size increases.

3. If a new message is posted, the member is directly taken to new post when they open the thread. The member comes to the page to read mainly the new messages. Loading 39 old messages, which they may not be interested, is an unnecessary data loading operation.

We have done study of 20 top forums and found that almost all of them kept the number to 10 by default.

Please let us know what do you think of these points. We also request other members to share your views on this topic.

Thank you,
TJ
Thanks for your response. I appreciate your concerns.

Well, is it than possible to let the user decide ( if he intends to ) number of posts visible to him. The default value may be as you have decided, and the user may customize it according to his wish ??

That will be more practical in my opinion.

Traderji

Super Moderator
Hi John,

The links are now fixed. When u click on the old links, its redirect to the new links.

It is highly recommended to change the links in signature with new links. i.e.

http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/104778-stock-analysis-tracker.html#post1230611
with
http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/stock-analysis-tracker.104778/#post1230611

Pls let us know if you have any further questions on this.

Thx and sorry for the delay in fixing this issue.

TJ

Traderji

Super Moderator
Thanks for your response. I appreciate your concerns.

Well, is it than possible to let the user decide ( if he intends to ) number of posts visible to him. The default value may be as you have decided, and the user may customize it according to his wish ??

That will be more practical in my opinion.
Actually we did explore that option too but there were some technical challenges with this option too. We will revisit the notes from our last discussion and get back to you.

TJ

Traderji

Super Moderator
Please update your signature with below:

-------------

Thanks

I am looking for suggestion/inputs/methods, please share it in the below link.Thanks

http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/stock-analysis-tracker.104778/#post1230611

Below are the links for afl discussed in the thread "my-system-my-trades"

Link for Price afl
http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/my-system-my-trades.103908/page-386

Link for OBV afl
http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/my-system-my-trades.103908/page-411#post1225632

------------