Trade with Simple Strategies

FanaticTrader

I am starting this new thread where I'll try and provide trading strategies using basics of Technical Analysis. In this thread I'll post strategies which are relevant for Indian Stock Market. Be sensible and be patient. Understand these setups and try and make your own strategy. That is the only thing which will get you profits in the market.

List of Trading Strategies (This list will be updated as new strategies are posted). Click on links below to directly see the posts.

Intraday Strategies

1. BB-RSI Intraday Setup

FanaticTrader

Tools for Setup - Candlestick chart, Bollinger Band (20,2), RSI (7,E(9)), ATR (14)
Time Frame - 15 mins

Trade Setup - The basics of this setup is very easy to understand. We need to monitor instrument for overbought and oversold zone. When prices are in OB/OS zone along candle piercing the upper BB or Lower BB it triggers Long/Short position. When RSI exits from OB/OS zone and cuts average Long/Short can be initiated on open of next candle. Stop can be placed at ATR*1.5 where ATR of previous candle can considered. As for targets, I prefer to have target of ATR * 2 where value of ATR is that of previous candle.

This setup occurs quite often in Intraday charts. I am posting example of NF trades on 03rd Aug. Also, I would try and update thread with regular posts on this strategies.

Last edited:

gambler

Please post some charts for better understanding. Thanks!
Tools for Setup - Candlestick chart, Bollinger Band (20,2), RSI (7,E(9)), ATR (14)
Time Frame - 15 mins

Trade Setup - The basics of this setup is very easy to understand. We need to monitor instrument for overbought and oversold zone. When prices are in OB/OS zone along candle piercing the upper BB or Lower BB it triggers Long/Short position. When RSI exits from OB/OS zone and cuts average Long/Short can be initiated on open of next candle. Stop can be placed at ATR*1.5 where ATR of previous candle can considered. As for targets, I prefer to have target of ATR * 2 where value of ATR is that of previous candle.

This setup occurs quite often in Intraday charts. I am posting example of NF trades on 03rd Aug. Also, I would try and update thread with regular posts on this strategies.

FanaticTrader

Please post some charts for better understanding. Thanks!
I have posted NF Intraday chart today for 03rd Aug. Will provide more charts in days to come.

FanaticTrader

What do you recommend trading with this setup ?? Equities ? Futures ? Options ?

Which software are you using ?
I have been trading NF and BNF successfully for quite some time now. I also have been taking positions in Options based on triggers. For e.g. for following day I took long in 5200 CE at 77 and closed the position at 99. I have been also testing the setup with Gold and Silver. Will try and post charts soon.