Trade Tiger - Tips, Tricks and Hints

DSM

Hi Raul,

There is no mode to draw trendline permanently - you have to press Ctrl+T everytime you want to do so. To get back to the normal mode, Alt+H will help you to delete selected or all the trendlines added to the chart.

I prefer drawing trendlines on charts. But once I select it from tools (or if I press ctrl + T ) I get to draw a trendline. But after I've made a trendline, and if I want to draw another trendline, then I have to again press ctrl + T. It becomes slightly annoying because I may draw 3-4 trendlines per chart.

Is there an option to permanently set the mode to drawing trendlines and once you've drawn them then change it back to normal mode?

Hi Raul,

There is no mode to draw trendline permanently - you have to press Ctrl+T everytime you want to do so. To get back to the normal mode, Alt+H will help you to delete selected or all the trendlines added to the chart.
There must be some setting. In my charts the lines drawn seem to stay till I remove them manually, even after I log off. Sometimes the line drawn on the daily appears on 15 min too.. will post a chart the next time I notice it.

But see the charts below, the same lines occur in 3 different daily charts of BNF, whether floating chart or part of a layout. I had these lines 5-6 days ago (posted in my thread) to show a descending triangle. These lines seem to have been saved and continue to show :)

DSM

TP,

The trendline drawn, does remain on the chart, till deleted. However, to draw new ones, Ctrl+T is required to be pressed for each new trendline.

There must be some setting. In my charts the lines drawn seem to stay till I remove them manually, even after I log off. Sometimes the line drawn on the daily appears on 15 min too.. will post a chart the next time I notice it.

But see the charts below, the same lines occur in 3 different daily charts of BNF, whether floating chart or part of a layout. I had these lines 5-6 days ago (posted in my thread) to show a descending triangle. These lines seem to have been saved and continue to show :)

DSM

Vasan,

This is an easy one. First open a chart, incorporate 100SMA, right click on the chart, and save it as a template (say SMA100). Next time you open the chart, right click chart, right click open chart template (Short cut Cntrl+G) There you have your SMA100.

The beauty of TT is that you can save multiple templates and have more than 4 (I used max 4 open charts at one time on one screen) and they are run live with a mix of different templates and TF's.

Trust this helps.

Is there any way to have 100 SMA in all charts by default in TT? Thanks.

raul12

But see the charts below, the same lines occur in 3 different daily charts of BNF, whether floating chart or part of a layout. I had these lines 5-6 days ago (posted in my thread) to show a descending triangle. These lines seem to have been saved and continue to show
TT saves the analysis done on any stock by the user. Hence if you open a chart, do some analysis by drawing S/R or trendlines etc and close it ( you need not save it in a template), still the same analysis would be saved when you reopen the same stock later.
Also the lines drawn in higher TF are visible in lower Tf , unless deleted.

DSM

ChartLinking

Another interesting feature in TradeTiger is 'ChartLinking' So if one has 4 different charts with different templates (E.g Daily Chart, 240M Chart, 60M Chart and 5M Chart) one can use this feature to see how the chart will appear in 4 different TF with one click. All one has to do is to open the 4 charts, and then right click on one of the charts, Select 'ChartLinking' and 'Script' By doing this, the user is 'Locking' the scripts across the 4 TF. Next, when you click on any script, all the 4 different charts will be updated automatically with a single click.... one can save a lot of time and effort if one has a list of scripts to view in different TF. (Select 'None') to undo this feature.

Variations of this feature : If one has 4 different charts, by selecting 'ChartLinking' and period, all the charts (in different templates) will revert to the same period as chosen while right clicking a particular chart.

There is an option to choose a single exchange as well. But as I only use NSE, it is not of much use to me.

raul12

Anyone know how to create Trendline channels(parallel trendlines) in TT

Anyone know how to create Trendline channels(parallel trendlines) in TT

hi raul,

right click on chart...go to tools...you have 2 options. Trendline will draw support or resistance automatically from one candle or wick to another....between 2 points that you select.

another option is the free line where you can draw anything you want...and this is what you use to draw parallel channels.

regards,

newbie_7