Trade Tiger - Tips, Tricks and Hints

DSM

Guys, Trade Tiger is a good charting platform. It may have some drawbacks, but many good features as well. Mastermind, had posted on a separate thread some suggestion for saving the screen layout. I was not aware of this feature, though I am a TT users for a few years now..... This tip from Mastermind will save me time and effort EVERYDAY which I would otherwise use to arrange my charting screen.

A few days back, was just going thru some of the tools, and came across a feature which charts the Volatility as well as OI for derivatives in the daily TF. I am opening this thread for TT users to post what the tips, tricks and hints that can help other traders..... As what we may know, others may not, and vice-versa.

So will post from time to time here some known or not so widely known features of TT. Suggest all TT users contribute. Let's roll!

Thanks in advance.

DSM

So here's a first tip : OI and Volatility can be plotted in the daily chart. Attached below :

Additionally, the data can exported in excel. This data can be pertaining to price, (Open, High, Low, Close) any of the indicators such as ADX, RSI, MA, Stochastic etc. Attached sample of export file :

DSM

Hi Vasan,

Right Click Chart - Choose Advanced Graph Options - Choose (Volatility, Open Interest and Put Call Ratio - Whichever you want) The PCR on the chart may not make much sense, but will give you a good idea if you are looking at it in terms of numeric ratios.

Regards,

Can you show how can these be plotted in daily chart?

newbie_7

ask for something specific

DSM,

im sorry but I found it absolutely shocking that you were arranging your layout every trading day for all these years. Everyone who uses trade tiger learns this in the first few weeks...if not days..

ask for something specific and many here will help you...for instance the best part of trade tiger is that it is like a jigsaw puzzle...nearly column can be dragged and placed wherever you want on your screen...in fact you can take the whole thing apart and re arrange it...don't forget to save your layout...you can save layouts, graph templates, you can export live streaming data to excel...and apply formulas in real time on the second copy of that excel sheet.

play around this weekend...its fun..

I would suggest you visit a franchisee in your area once to learn everything about trade tiger...it would help you a lot...

regards,

newbie_7

DSM

Re: ask for something specific

Haha.Thanks Newbie.....

I was shocked too when I heard it first from Mastermind. And just fiddling around two days back (after using TT for so many years) that even OI, Volatility and PCR could be plotted in the chart (not much of use in terms of visual) but certainly can be helpful for looking at numeric data - especially PCR and Volatility to some who use them.

Guess once we start doing things one way, we do not really look to work out if there is any other easier way to do it. In this case, I still find it astounding that 4 charts can be automatically arranged on the screen by just loading the template - though I use chart templates myself.... And hence this thread. Thank you and look forward to your post on Tips and Tricks... Guess there will be more of it.... and I intend to click on all the buttons and discover them in due course.

DSM,

im sorry but I found it absolutely shocking that you were arranging your layout every trading day for all these years. Everyone who uses trade tiger learns this in the first few weeks...if not days..

ask for something specific and many here will help you...for instance the best part of trade tiger is that it is like a jigsaw puzzle...nearly column can be dragged and placed wherever you want on your screen...in fact you can take the whole thing apart and re arrange it...don't forget to save your layout...you can save layouts, graph templates, you can export live streaming data to excel...and apply formulas in real time on the second copy of that excel sheet.

play around this weekend...its fun..

I would suggest you visit a franchisee in your area once to learn everything about trade tiger...it would help you a lot...

regards,

newbie_7

amitagg

Crude Oil Trader

Haha.Thanks Newbie.....

I was shocked too when I heard it first from Mastermind. And just fiddling around two days back (after using TT for so many years) that even OI, Volatility and PCR could be plotted in the chart (not much of use in terms of visual) but certainly can be helpful for looking at numeric data - especially PCR and Volatility to some who use them.

Guess once we start doing things one way, we do not really look to work out if there is any other easier way to do it. In this case, I still find it astounding that 4 charts can be automatically arranged on the screen by just loading the template - though I use chart templates myself.... And hence this thread. Thank you and look forward to your post on Tips and Tricks... Guess there will be more of it.... and I intend to click on all the buttons and discover them in due course.

Pls repeat steps to load 4 charts at same time

Pls repeat steps to load 4 charts at same time
Yes, this I know, and was hoping that someone would ask :). And I'll tell you without any tuition fees !!.

There are 2-3 different ways to do it. Here I will tell you about what I think is the easier way of opening multiple charts. The illustration is for 3 charts at a time, but you can open upto 6 charts. I am showing it for 3 charts so that it will be easier to understand. I am assuming that you know how to create a marketwatch. If not, ask.

Step 1 :
Create a market watch with 3 scrips that you want to track. Then right click on the marketwatch and you will see a menu. Go to the option called "Chart"; that will bring up another sub-menu with 3 options. Shown below.

ok ?

Step 2 :
Now simply click on the "Graphical View" option and you will have 3 charts !!
Shown below.

This is only the beginning. You should minimize the ribbon, resize the charts, change the time frame, change the chart type to candle or bars as you wish.... the list is endless. But first, understand how to open three charts at the same time.

If you understand this, please post an image showing your screen. Then we can go to further queries from you.

DSM

TP,

Thanks, learnt a NEW way to open 3 charts simultaneously.

Amit,

It is a simple - first time load the 4 charts manually with the indicators, TF and settings of your choice on the screen - as you like. And then save the layout. Next time, when you want to, you can load the layout - just as you would do with the templates of charting screens saved with indicators and TF of your choice. The button for this is the 4th on the Home page menu.

Yes, this I know, and was hoping that someone would ask :). And I'll tell you without any tuition fees !!.

There are 2-3 different ways to do it. Here I will tell you about what I think is the easier way of opening multiple charts. The illustration is for 3 charts at a time, but you can open upto 6 charts. I am showing it for 3 charts so that it will be easier to understand. I am assuming that you know how to create a marketwatch. If not, ask.

Step 1 :
Create a market watch with 3 scrips that you want to track. Then right click on the marketwatch and you will see a menu. Go to the option called "Chart"; that will bring up another sub-menu with 3 options. Shown below.

ok ?

Step 2 :
Now simply click on the "Graphical View" option and you will have 3 charts !!
Shown below.

This is only the beginning. You should minimize the ribbon, resize the charts, change the time frame, change the chart type to candle or bars as you wish.... the list is endless. But first, understand how to open three charts at the same time.

If you understand this, please post an image showing your screen. Then we can go to further queries from you.

DSM

TT Can be fun - as it is very flexible. Here is one template that I considered using one time. Just plotting two MA's (I used 7 and 20 EMA) on 5M TF for BankNifty Chart (without being influenced by price). To do this,

Open the chart,
Right click,
Add study (MA,SMA,EMA of choice)

Select price, Go to Subgraph, Below two line colours will be displayed. To remove the price bar, I chose black (same color as screen) which will blank out the price.

Chart attached.

Trade setup :

Long/Short when both EMA's are of the same color. Exit when the shorter EMA will change color. Will require blind faith and guts to trade in this manner. I have personally traded this setup on only 1M TF with some level of success. Did not suit my trading style, hence discarded.